PS & DO: QB Preview | Syracusefan.com

PS & DO: QB Preview

Bottom line. Dungey staying healthy is best case scenario. Secondly, the staff have to determine if they want TD to redshirt. Whether he's just as good as the other's or not. I think Welch is a big piece to this. His development and how well he catches on will help them determine the back up. When you bring in a juco QB that 's on scholarship. That tells me some one is not developing the way they've hoped and they want to throw another guy into the mix.

Bottom line. Dungey staying healthy is best case scenario. Secondly, the staff have to determine if they want TD to redshirt. Whether he's just as good as the other's or not. I think Welch is a big piece to this. His development and how well he catches on will help them determine the back up. When you bring in a juco QB that 's on scholarship. That tells me some one is not developing the way they've hoped and they want to throw another guy into the mix.
Good observation. I was under the impression Welch was a PWO this year. He's on scholly?

Good observation. I was under the impression Welch was a PWO this year. He's on scholly?
I read something that mentioned he was expected to get one this season.

NCAAF Nation‏ @NCAAFNation247 6h6 hours ago
Returning ACC Leaders in Completion % 1. Eric Dungey Syracuse 64.79 2. Daniel Jones Duke 62.8 3. Zack Mahoney Syracuse 60.74

Returning ACC Leaders in Passing YPG 1. Eric Dungey Syracuse 297.7 2. Lamar Jackson Louisville 272.5 3. Deondre Francois FSU 257.7

Returning ACC Leaders in QBR 1. Lamar Jackson Louisville 148.8 2. Deondre Francois FSU 142.1 3. Eric Dungey Syracuse 138.2

Wow zach 3rd on that list ! A lot of freshman Qb's to start this year 30+

There is no way DeVito will play this year. With Mahoney, Rex and Welch, I just don't see it happening. Maybe Hassan was the weak link of the group. No offense to the kid, but I am hoping that is the case. Rex seemed pretty highly thought of coming out of high school.

There is no way DeVito will play this year. With Mahoney, Rex and Welch, I just don't see it happening. Maybe Hassan was the weak link of the group. No offense to the kid, but I am hoping that is the case. Rex seemed pretty highly thought of coming out of high school.

Totally agree, article was lacking and for the focus to be on whether TD will take a shirt is disrespectful to the players who have already invested years of work with this program. ED, ZM, and RC have to be the emphasis, THEN...the TD situation. To not mention Rex is BS.

However the QB battle works out, after years of struggling to find a single viable QB, we now have a "group" of QB's that could start or play well in Dino's offense. We should feel fortunate to have the QB's lined up to compete to run our offense. We have an identity and that feels great, even if we're a bit away from competing the way we'd like. Should be a fun year...

I wouldn't read to much into bringing another Qb. With this offense they need practice arms or the top three will have dead arms second half of the season

Let's see...
We bring in a JUCO kid late
We are hell bent on finding 1 or 2 QB's this year
Something is adding up that one of our current QB's is not living up to what the coaching staff needs *cough* Rex *cough*
I really hope Dungey can stay healthy but if TD is the better QB and the better option for the team so be it.

Totally agree, article was lacking and for the focus to be on whether TD will take a shirt is disrespectful to the players who have already invested years of work with this program. ED, ZM, and RC have to be the emphasis, THEN...the TD situation. To not mention Rex is BS.
Bailey's job isn't to pay respect to players based on their seniority level, he's giving his honest assessment of our QB situation & I share his opinions. Were you also upset that he highlighted Nykeim Johnson in the WR preview without mentioning Sean Avant?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom