PS & DO: WR Preview | Syracusefan.com

PS & DO: WR Preview

We know what Irv and Ish can do. Watch out for Butler and Nykeim. I actually think Butler will be our 2nd leading WR. Im not sold on Custis yet. Hope he can surprise me.
There's plenty of room for young guys to make an impact, that's for sure.

As I've put in an older thread...

In year 2 at BG

Roger Lewis saw around a 450 yard increase
Gehrig Dieter saw around a 600 yard increase
Ronnie Moore saw around a 260 yard increase

Fortune favors guys who played a year in the system

In year 2 at BG

True. With one footnote. The return from injury of Matt Johnson at QB (he had led BGSU to a 10-4 season in 2013) was a big factor in that year 2 success.

We know what Irv and Ish can do. Watch out for Butler and Nykeim. I actually think Butler will be our 2nd leading WR. Im not sold on Custis yet. Hope he can surprise me.

I am not sold on custis as well. Thought he could have made an impact the last few years if he had the fire and motor. He seems to have the measurables and hands. Hope he figures it out this year. He could make this offense very dangerous given our combo of other weapons.

In year 2 at BG

Hoping Ish can see a "Dieter-like" jump in year 2. While I thought he was serviceable last season, wasn't overly impressed. He was our most heralded WR recruit in years (besides the great KJ Williams) and IMO, Ish hasn't exactly lived up to it quite yet. A big senior season could change that though.

Hoping Ish can see a "Dieter-like" jump in year 2. While I thought he was serviceable last season, wasn't overly impressed. He was our most heralded WR recruit in years (besides the great KJ Williams) and IMO, Ish hasn't exactly lived up to it quite yet. A big senior season could change that though.

I agree. Last year ED fell in love AET , huge chemistry to the point where ED was targeting him even when he wasn't open as he was great with 50/50 balls. This took targets away from Ish. As long as we have a wr capable of taking the top off the defense, ish will get his this year.

Deiter was not considered a burner. That bodes well for Ish. I feel that Ish has underachieve a bit. I expected more from him but to be fair he's been in 3 different offensive schemes.

Hoping for a big Senior campaign from Ish. Just glanced at his 2016 stats, it's honestly shocking that he only had the 1 TD reception. Obviously, we're all looking for a big increase in Rec/Yds/TDs & know that he's certainly capable of it, but let's not discount his blocking, both on screens & downfield. It's such a huge component of Dino's offense. Many of Erv & Estime's big plays last year were a direct result of his blocks & he can often be seen hustling to get key blocks downfield on big run plays. He has the willingness/ability to properly hold blocks without getting holding calls & the discipline to keep from clipping. It's obvious that he works on/takes pride in that aspect of his game &, IMO, he'll go down as one of the best blocking WRs we've ever had here.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom