Puerto Vallarta | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Puerto Vallarta

I miss it. We're not going down as a family this year, but I'm already looking forward to next year's trip.
What kind of construction are we talking about? That’s a no go for my wife. But that place is sweet.

Shitballs, we're going 9/16 - 9/21 and most of those days are gone.
Ah bummer. I hadn't checked in a while, it looks like it's getting booked out pretty nicely.

Ah bummer. I hadn't checked in a while, it looks like it's getting booked out pretty nicely.
Flying down there on Friday. Have only been once before. Anything we should definitely not miss as late 30s folks who go to other parts of the country a few times a year?

Flying down there on Friday. Have only been once before. Anything we should definitely not miss as late 30s folks who go to other parts of the country a few times a year?
This might sound funny, but I actually really like the zoo. They give you a bag of different types of food that you can give to the animals. It's a different experience and they have some wildlife you don't typically see here in the US.

I'll see if I can get a copy of our "things to do and eat" guide and send it to you in a DM. There's a restaurant we ate that had legitimately life changing pulled duck tacos that I think about all the time.

We liked Karen's in Bucerias, It's a great place for a meal on the beach and watch the sunset.

We liked Karen's in Bucerias, It's a great place for a meal on the beach and watch the sunset.
Worth the hike from the romantic zone? With Uber there, it's not really too expensive to get anywhere. One of the biggest differences between Cabo and anywhere in the Yucatan is just being able to get an Uber for 5 bucks to anywhere you want instead of getting crushed by a taxi for triple that or more for the same 15 min ride.

Worth the hike from the romantic zone? With Uber there, it's not really too expensive to get anywhere. One of the biggest differences between Cabo and anywhere in the Yucatan is just being able to get an Uber for 5 bucks to anywhere you want instead of getting crushed by a taxi for triple that or more for the same 15 min ride.
We were staying in Nuevo Vallarta so we were a little closer, but the road to Bucerias is pretty fast. It would be more than $5 for a ride but it's a pretty different scene than Puerto Vallarta, so I'd recommend it if you're looking for a change of pace.

I went probably 20 years ago, but this place was imprinted on my brain as an incredibly awesome day: Las Caletas Beach Hideaway

At the time I didn't have a diverse comparison, but it was one of the best beaches I can remember.

7.6 mag earthquake hit a bit south this afternoon. Was working and felt something odd, went out on the balcony to see if it was from high winds because there is an ongoing tropical storm warning. Nope. Turned around and see the lights in the dining room shaking. Wife and I took off and made it down the 4 flights of stairs feeling the building sway on the way down. Extremely terrifying because we had been in Mexico City a few weeks before the one that hit there in 2017 and caused numerous buildings to collapse. Everything seems fine here now, we were let back in the building after about an hour.

7.6 mag earthquake hit a bit south this afternoon. Was working and felt something odd, went out on the balcony to see if it was from high winds because there is an ongoing tropical storm warning. Nope. Turned around and see the lights in the dining room shaking. Wife and I took off and made it down the 4 flights of stairs feeling the building sway on the way down. Extremely terrifying because we had been in Mexico City a few weeks before the one that hit there in 2017 and caused numerous buildings to collapse. Everything seems fine here now, we were let back in the building after about an hour.
Glad you're safe and there was no major damage.

Crazy stuff, glad you're ok.

6.8 again overnight. Glad we left yesterday afternoon.

Had a great time other than those damn things.
My friend's place is right on the inlet to the harbor in Nuevo Vallarta. A few years ago, they had a big quake and tsunami warnings. All of the boats hauled arse out of the harbor before almost all of the water was sucked out to sea. Fortunately, the wave wasn't too big but he watched the whole thing from his 9th story timeshare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom