Punt return TD! | Syracusefan.com

Punt return TD!

OrangeDW

Living Legend
As soon as it was apparent that he’d kicked a frozen rope, I thought he might have a chance to take it back. Then it became apparent really quickly that Jackson was likely gone! Felt great to be in the Dome for a moment like that again. Place was downright joyous during/after that play.

Also, it says a lot about our coverage teams that we don’t give up punt return TDs every game with all those low punts we’re sending. Maybe they’re not being kicked far enough to create the necessary space, and that’s a blessing in disguise?

As soon as it was apparent that he’d kicked a frozen rope, I thought he might have a chance to take it back. Then it became apparent really quickly that Jackson was likely gone! Felt great to be in the Dome for a moment like that again. Place was downright joyous during/after that play.

Also, it says a lot about our coverage teams that we don’t give up punt return TDs every game with all those low punts we’re sending. Maybe they’re not being kicked far enough to create the necessary space, and that’s a blessing in disguise?
Good call on our punts. A lot of them aren't caught because they're so short. Opposing returners would be smart to plan on a short punt and move up so they can catch it.

Yeah, while the ball was in the air I said, "This one's returnable," then, "He's got some room!"
The punt was so low I was surprised that the coverage was as far down the field as they were. Then I realized that they had to be booking it and would over run the play. He did a great job of finding daylight.

i know i'm the wrong messenger here but we really need to stop punting this year especially
It looks like we've already given up on field goals. With a reliable kicker, we'd have kicked a few times when we went for it on 4th down.

Dome went beserk for this and Tucker’s td.

Thought Shraders long td run the sideline was funny off the misdirection. The whole dome was fooled and thought Tucker was taken down on an uninspiring run call

Gave me flashbacks to the glory days of Quinton Spotwood and Kirby Dar Dar doing WORK on returns in the 90’s.
And Qadry Ismail and Marvin Harrison.

I went crazy when that happened and my sunglasses, which were on top of my head, flew off with all the jumping around. Almost lost them.

Dome went beserk for this and Tucker’s td.

Thought Shraders long td run the sideline was funny off the misdirection. The whole dome was fooled and thought Tucker was taken down on an uninspiring run call
Yup, guilty as charged on that one.

The middle-aged sideline ball dude motioning for Jackson to keep running (as if he didn’t know lol) & then high-stepping alongside him at the end is what college football is all about.
That’s hilarious. Didn’t see that live.

The Rob Moore Bomb vs State Penn, and Owens 2pt conversion vs Couchburner U are on hold for you on the Orange & Blue courtesy phones.
I was not there for any of those but I've also seen people mention Dan Conley picking off Torretta in '92.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom