Purdue @ Minnesota | Syracusefan.com

Purdue @ Minnesota

bpo57

Living Legend
Last night very late (maybe a min left) in the 4Q Purdue was driving down 35-31. They threw a flag pattern in the nd zone to their TE who made the catch for the TD. A ref called an offensive pass interference penalty on the TE to nullify the TD. There was essentially zero contact on the play. A complete phantom penalty, very shady call. Brutal and it cost Purdue the game. I'll try to post video later.

I had MN +105 so I liked the call.
I will say I regret anytime I bet on MN their HC is just a douchenozzle on the sidelines it’s embarrassing.

The Purdue TE extended his arm but he didn’t impede the MN defender it was just an awful call you can’t make. The ref waited for the Purdue guy to start catching the ball before he threw the flag.
It was such a bad call Brohm was destroying the ref who made the call for the last 5 minutes of real time in the game. The ref took it and was uncomfortable you could tell because Brohm was right. That ref shouldn’t be suspended he should be fired. It was just an incompetent call and I benefited.

Brohm called his last TO when the game was over to just yell at that ref and the head official even more. If Purdue could have won their division that call would get more attention.

The ref saw the Purdue TE extend his right arm but he had the Minnesota LB cleanly beat and didn’t impede him at all.
No contact was made.
It was just a brutally bad call.

Two things about this call- 1) yes it affected the gambling outcome and 2) the commentators that were rightly very critical of the call totally tamped down their criticism over the next 4-5 minutes of real time. It was like they got a call from somebody on high who said "cool it".

The local goombahs must have been exposed too much on the Purdue bets