God is silent. If we could only get man to shut up
- Apr 16, 2015
OK. The rest of the season goes down like this:
- Freshmen and RF continue their stellar learning curve
- Bye week, we heal, enjoy the success/camaraderie of the GT victory and mature into a higher functioning team.
- We play Duke then Liberty @home where the offense and defense continues to develop and improve
- After Clemson we're 3-3 w/no significant injuries
- Next up WF and BC @home (BC plays Clemson the prior week). Can you say winnable? 5-3. "Looking Good Billy Ray! Feeling good Louis!"
- Fri Night @Louisville. As ABBA would say "Waterloo." 5-4.
- Finish with NC St (home) and ND on the road. Who knows where we're at or what's at play in late November w/COVID, return of injured players on OL, maybe other team has injuries, we have some emerging stars etc. We win one of these on a Sterlin Gilbert-schemed double reverse flea flicker.
- We make a bowl game. Suddenly there's a buzz. And it's not because I've visited a "dispensary."
- We not only hang on to our '21 recruiting class, we augment it with several superb blue chippers (remember them).
- We win our bowl game and CBS announces a reboot of Hogan's Heroes. What a way to end a dismal year. And there you have it: Boom, a full head of steam heading into 2021.