Q & A with Tyler Ennis | Syracusefan.com

Q & A with Tyler Ennis

Awesome read.

Loved his take on Pitt / the shot, and what dickb-gs their jerkoff fanbase are.

And make no mistake: their fanbase is comprised of jerkoffs.
Well, we called them jagoffs when I lived down that way, but I get what you’re saying.

So - can we finally put to rest the board tropes that:

Ennis hates JB.
Ennis should have come back for another year.

I get that there was some friction at the time he left, but clearly it’s water under the bridge for all parties.

Last edited:
Ironic seeing Tyler say “he never restricted me in any way” considering all the talk this off-season. If Coach trusts you (which you have to earn) then you get the freedom that comes with our system.
His backup was a forward and Ennis averaged 37 minutes a game. How are you going to restrict your only point guard?

Ironic seeing Tyler say “he never restricted me in any way” considering all the talk this off-season. If Coach trusts you (which you have to earn) then you get the freedom that comes with our system.
he also said “Luckily for me, my situation was I was essentially the only point guard on the roster my year. I had no choice but to play.”

Pearl, Gerry, Red, Jonny and to an extent Brandon Triche were all freshmen PGs who didn’t play with restrictions as well. I didn’t mention Jason Hart because he, like Tyler, didn’t have another PG on the roster. Am I missing any?

Pearl, Gerry, Red, Jonny and to an extent Brandon Triche were all freshmen PGs who didn’t play with restrictions as well. I didn’t mention Jason Hart because he, like Tyler, didn’t have another PG on the roster. Am I missing any?
Edelin.

Because he’s told many players not to.

you know this how? I also don’t know a single player that never shot.

For some of us that was kinda the point. Personally I wanted us to run the offense like we had a legit big time PG, rather than a combo guard. Kadary playing off the ball was a waste of time. Joe on the ball was often a waste of time. Ennis never played off the ball while Cooney ran the offense.
Triche didn’t play the same role as those guys IMO. He had Rautins who often played a PG role too. Autry didn’t have the reigns to the extent that Ennis did either, really from what I remember. The offense ran through Billy who had PG skills from the forward spot.

For some of us that was kinda the point. Personally I wanted us to run the offense like we had a legit big time PG, rather than a combo guard. Kadary playing off the ball was a waste of time. Joe on the ball was often a waste of time. Ennis never played off the ball while Cooney ran the offense.

Triche didn’t play the same role as those guys IMO. He had Rautins who often played a PG role too. Autry didn’t have the reigns to the extent that Ennis did either, really from what I remember. The offense ran through Billy who had PG skills from the forward spot.

In that sense I guess you could say Marek also had the PG skills from the forward/center spot since a lot of our offense ran through him and he was utilized often to break presses.

I remember JB said he told Frank Howard not to shoot threes don't remember big it's year 1 or 2.

Watched Ennis quite a bit during his stint with the Lakers. It’s too bad he never really became a good shooter. He really could run the pick and roll, and understood the game. Ball just didn’t go in the basket enough and it never really improved.

Now we’re going to never? Come on man.

well you’re the one that said edelin and others weren’t allowed to shoot. You didn’t frame it in any way. But more broadly, you don’t know, and neither do I, what JB told any player about shooting. Although we can assume he told Chukwu not to take 3’s.

well you’re the one that said edelin and others weren’t allowed to shoot. You didn’t frame it in any way. But more broadly, you don’t know, and neither do I, what JB told any player about shooting. Although we can assume he told Chukwu not to take 3’s.
We know he’s told players not to shoot as he’s mentioned it before in pressers. Roberson was one of those guys.

We know he’s told players not to shoot as he’s mentioned it before in pressers. Roberson was one of those guys.

sure if JB said it in a presser we can believe it. But I’ve very very very rarely heard him say that. Did he say it himself about edelin?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom