Q & A with Tyler Ennis | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Q & A with Tyler Ennis

Attachments

• 15099880-D18C-4C55-87F5-F60D1DC22F7E.jpeg
    15099880-D18C-4C55-87F5-F60D1DC22F7E.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 103
he has told guys not to attempt 3’s. He has never told anyone “not to shoot”. He has never told anyone not to score.
figured that would be implied.

I don't know why I am adding to this conversation, but in this article, Frank Howard claims JB told him not to shoot his freshman year

His shooting stroke absorbed most of his attention. Howard converted just 2-of-19 from the 3-point line last season. At one point, SU coach Jim Boeheim banned him from taking those shots.

His shooting stroke absorbed most of his attention. Howard converted just 2-of-19 from the 3-point line last season. At one point, SU coach Jim Boeheim banned him from taking those shots.
"You're a freshman and your coach tells you don't shoot. I mean, I want to play. If I shoot, I'm not going to play. That's going through your mind," he said. "I think now, to be honest, if he tells me something I have to take it under consideration and make the right play in the game.

come on yourself, I think your axe was sharp weeks ago.
It’s funny that everyone has something to say about my posts with zero substance (outside maybe dasher) like yours, are you trying to make a point about something I’m not aware of?

I like talking basketball, I’ve played and still play basketball in my 40s, whether I’m right or wrong or whether other people are that I talk to on this board are right or wrong , if you don’t like what I have to say, come back with something other than this BS.

It’s funny that everyone has something to say about my posts with zero substance (outside maybe dasher) like yours, are you trying to make a point about something I’m not aware of?

I like talking basketball, I’ve played and still play basketball in my 40s, whether I’m right or wrong or whether other people are that I talk to on this board are right or wrong , if you don’t like what I have to say, come back with something other than this BS.

I think you are very aware of the point I was making. Every thread doesn’t need to be about JB coaching Kadary and many other players on their shot selection. Especially about an interview where the player said they had total freedom. Again something that JB has given to lots of players over the years.

I think you are very aware of the point I was making. Every thread doesn’t need to be about JB coaching Kadary and many other players on their shot selection. Especially about an interview where the player said they had total freedom. Again something that JB has given to lots of players over the years.
Nobody mentioned Kadary and I didn’t even bring up the not being able to shoot thing.

Nobody mentioned Kadary and I didn’t even bring up the not being able to shoot thing.

You posted about telling players not to shoot. There was a ton of tss as ok about Kadary leaving because JB told him not to shoot 3’s. Perhaps the two things are not related.

You posted about telling players not to shoot. There was a ton of tss as ok about Kadary leaving because JB told him not to shoot 3’s. Perhaps the two things are not related.
You may want to read the thread again. I’m responding to other people who posted about it, nothing about Kadary and didn’t bring up the conversation. Not sure how I have an axe to grind about it.

We lost Kadary, it’s sucks and I won’t get over it because it’s dumb that he isn’t here. The same people who don’t care are the same ones who creamed all over him for 3 years before he got here and talked him up all year, but now are all of a sudden thinking Joe is great and Symir is awesome. It’s a joke, I’ll stand on my island and be bitter about it, I really don’t care.

You may want to read the thread again. I’m responding to other people who posted about it, nothing about Kadary and didn’t bring up the conversation. Not sure how I have an axe to grind about it.

We lost Kadary, it’s sucks and I won’t get over it because it’s dumb that he isn’t here. The same people who don’t care are the same ones who creamed all over him for 3 years before he got here and talked him up all year, but now are all of a sudden thinking Joe is great and Symir is awesome. It’s a joke, I’ll stand on my island and be bitter about it, I really don’t care.
Being bitter is punishing yourself, you know?

Being bitter is punishing yourself, you know?
It is what it is, I felt we were very close to having a dominant team, top 10 capable and back on the scene. I’ve never predicted a losing season, and I don’t think we’ll have one this year, but think we’ll have times during the season we’re dangerously close. I’ve dreaded for years being happy about playing well in losses like I do in football, that happened against Virginia this year and it sucks.

3 years? Hardly. This board hadn't really heard of him until Andre Jackson jilted us.

That’s what coaching is you know?
Yeah. I’m not sure why this is lost on many. JB has for years limited the shots for his worst shooters...and allows his best shooters a free reign. It’s him playing the percentages.

There’s a great quote from the late 80s where he was asked why he played Derrick Coleman after he got hurt during a game...something like “because a 50% healthy Derrick Coleman is better than 100% healthy Derek Brower.”

that’s been his mindset from the beginning.

Last edited:
he has told guys not to attempt 3’s. He has never told anyone “not to shoot”. He has never told anyone not to score.
He’s come close...James Thues would get the ball over half court and then stand 35 feet from the basket while the rest of the team went 4 on 4. I never saw anything like it. He was clearly told to get the hell out of everyone else’s way. That was the year we had no point guard and he was a last resort after DeShaun Williams proved he could not run the point. The James Thues Greg Davis recruiting debacle got Hop on the road and Weaver in the fold...

His backup was a forward and Ennis averaged 37 minutes a game. How are you going to restrict your only point guard?
Are you serious? No matter how many PG's you have, you're gonna restrict him if he's screwing up, costing you games. ("restricting" = forbidding some things you've been trying on the court)

Tyler wasn't restricted by Boeheim because Boeheim said repeatedly that season that he never had to say anything to him...he was that good of a point guard, from Boeheim's POV.

Are you serious? No matter how many PG's you have, you're gonna restrict him if he's screwing up, costing you games. ("restricting" = forbidding some things you've been trying on the court)

Tyler wasn't restricted by Boeheim because Boeheim said repeatedly that season that he never had to say anything to him...he was that good of a point guard, from Boeheim's POV.
So Ennis did have a leash? Get out of here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom