Q and future Boeheim's Army? | Syracusefan.com

Q and future Boeheim's Army?

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
There is a difference between a player transfering because he is in over his head or wants more PT and one transferring simply because he dislikes the school/staff. If he wanted to play for BA he would be the only former player on the team that does not bleed Orange. I would rather not see him on the team. No telling if he will actually end up at another school but he wants that if pros don't offer.

Last edited:
first of all you have no idea why he put his name in the portal. If he goes to the pros are you still going to complain? And sexond who cares if he “bleeds orange” it’s a second rate tournament that is blown up here because it’s all we seem to have. Boo me all you want but it’s true. Let him do what he wants

first of all you have no idea why he put his name in the portal. If he goes to the pros are you still going to complain? And s e xond who cares if he “bleeds orange” it’s a second rate tournament that is blown up here because it’s all we seem to have. Boo me all you want but it’s true. Let him do what he wants

Agree from top to bottom. well said.

There is a difference between a player transfering because he is in over his head or wants more PT and one transferring simply because he dislikes the school/staff. If he wanted to play for BA he would be the only former player on the team that does not bleed Orange. I would rather not see him on the team. No telling if he will actually end up at another school but he wants that if pros don't offer.
DaShonte Riley transferred to Eastern Michigan. Devo left the team. We’ve also had guys who never played for SU.

More importantly, where in the world is this coming from?

As pointed out, Riley and Devo etc.are different from Q. Q is kicking sand in our face. No problem if you don't see it.
How is Riley different?

Q would have started on a contending team. He is not leaving to put himself in a better situation. Whether he goes pro or not is irrelevant. Regardless, he does not want to be here. His choice, I just hope that it does not kill our CA connections.
Boeheim's Army is special. They bleed Orange. He doesn't.

Quincy is a looong way from having to make any career-defining decisions about Boeheim's Army.

It hurts to potentially lose him to another college team.
He gave it his all for two seasons.
But SU isn't right for everyone.

One way to view it is with an appropriately inappropriate analogy: Syracuse is like a stain that you can't remove.
Once Orange, always Orange.

Q would have started on a contending team. He is not leaving to put himself in a better situation. Whether he goes pro or not is irrelevant. Regardless, he does not want to be here. His choice, I just hope that it does not kill our CA connections.
I completely understand your frustration but let's look at it another way. Let's suppose that he looks at the team he left and sees that we have brought in three forwards that weren't here when he left. He might see that going somewhere else is putting himself in a better position. That if we didn't already replace him, he would love to be able to come back in the same situation that he left. But he can't. So everyone did what they had to do. With that in mind, would it bother you to see him play for BA?

Yeah Jordan Crawford bleeds orange

I completely understand your frustration but let's look at it another way. Let's suppose that he looks at the team he left and sees that we have brought in three forwards that weren't here when he left. He might see that going somewhere else is putting himself in a better position. That if we didn't already replace him, he would love to be able to come back in the same situation that he left. But he can't. So everyone did what they had to do. With that in mind, would it bother you to see him play for BA?

Very well said and exactly what I was going to point out. I guess our friend in Alaska has never seen circumstances change that have altered his decision making.

And this is my own thing - but Boeheim's Army is fun thing to pass time in the summer I suppose and I hope the guys do well. But in my view, we've had a roster full of BA candidates for several seasons now. We need to be getting guys who are better than that if we want to have better results. Hopefully Benny and Kamari are the start of that.

Last edited:
With that in mind - no, but I don't buy that narrative. He was 3rd team all ACC. He has pro aspirations. He still would have been the man. He was a lock for starting. For whatever reason, he is unhappy at Cuse and it isn't about playing time. I don't blame him but I don't want him on a future BA team. His leaving in this manner hurts. Who else is trying to play for pay and also entering the portal? Kadari's leaving does not bother me. Q's portal option bothers me.

With that in mind - no, but I don't buy that narrative. He was 3rd team all ACC. He has pro aspirations. He still would have been the man. He was a lock for starting. For whatever reason, he is unhappy at Cuse and it isn't about playing time. I don't blame him but I don't want him on a future BA team. His leaving in this manner hurts. Who else is trying to play for pay and also entering the portal? Kadari's leaving does not bother me. Q's portal option bothers me.

There's a Memphis player and a Georgia player doing the same thing and I'm sure there's a few others, it's not uncommon.

Have no idea why he is leaving, but I would guess it has to do with how he might be used.If I’m him I’m probably thinking I need to really show my three point shooting to the pro scouts and that probably ain’t going to happen next season if he stayed at SU.Just a guess but JB ain’t going to want Q being the 1st,2nd or 3rd option to be launching the three ball.
Just a guess.

I blame the mean old man. That mean old man is just a cantankerous, misanthropic ol SOB who spares nobody’s feeling. Nobody except family and close friends!

There's a Memphis player and a Georgia player doing the same thing and I'm sure there's a few others, it's not uncommon.
[/q
It is uncommon.

I am as orange as you get but I would have transferred if I was Kadary.

Have no idea why he is leaving, but I would guess it has to do with how he might be used.If I’m him I’m probably thinking I need to really show my three point shooting to the pro scouts and that probably ain’t going to happen next season if he stayed at SU.Just a guess but JB ain’t going to want Q being the 1st,2nd or 3rd option to be launching the three ball.
Just a guess.
It’s like you read the PS article before it was out. He needs to show he can shoot the three, he needs to show he’s a small forward and not a power forward. Given who Cuse has for next year these things weren’t so likely.

It’s like you read the PS article before it was out. He needs to show he can shoot the three, he needs to show he’s a small forward and not a power forward. Given who Cuse has for next year these things weren’t so likely.
Now if I could only get the Powerball numbers before they come out.

Not much difference between the small. And big fowards in our zone.

If he is a good fit and he wants to play for BA, so it be. Life goes on. He gave the Orange two good seasons, he says he bleeds Orange and that is enough for me. He truly wants to turn pro, but is smart enough to realize Syracuse is moving on without him and he made a smart move to keep his options open by entering the portal. If he stays true to no agent and does not see the NBA happening this year then some team out there will get a big gift. Quincy is a good player, decided he wanted to take a look at the pros and forced the staff's hand when 4 other forwards departed or left as graduates. Syracuse could not wait until July 19 to back fill. As several others have said...."it is what it is"!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom