Qaadir Sheppard, Amir Ealey dismissed from program | Syracusefan.com

Qaadir Sheppard, Amir Ealey dismissed from program

CaliCuse

All American
---get back on the team and actually play for the Orange?? Have they been thrown out of the university?

They where suspended 6 games per the schools policy. The would be eligible to get back after the 3 game this year. I have heard nothing about being thrown out of the university.

They are both in the student directory. If they had no chance to rejoin the team, hard to believe they would still be enrolled.

They where suspended 6 games per the schools policy. The would be eligible to get back after the 3 game this year. I have heard nothing about being thrown out of the university.
was it 6 gamaes or half the season?

upperdeck said:
was it 6 gamaes or half the season?

They should be back after 3 games.

They should be back after 3 games.
i just never saw it said it was 6 games, just that it was half the season, which could also be taken from the point the offense happened.

i just never saw it said it was 6 games, just that it was half the season, which could also be taken from the point the offense happened.

Get caught in August, lose 6 games ... Get caught in November, lose 1 game?

Yeah, I don't think so. Especially since our drug policies are now in line with NCAA recommendations.

Kinda crazy that you go straight from no punishment at all to half of a season for smoking weed. I know they were probably given warnings before the suspension actually came about, but it still seems over the top.

6 is half the season. That's why they missed 3 last year and 3 this year.
not saying thats not the deal. i just have not seen it actually stated by anyone in the program that that is the punishment.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...amir_ealey_failed_drug_tests_sources_say.html

The players failed two drug tests, sources said. A second violation carries a suspension from practice and competition, according to a copy of the policy obtained by Syracuse.com/The Post-Standard.

It reads a player "will be suspended from practice and competition for the number of events equaling a minimum of 50 percent of an academic year's competition regular schedule."

So, they'll miss all of pre-season camp? That's going to kill their 2016 season.

Wonderful, they will have nothing to do but sit around and smoke weed this spring.
Right... So that when they fail their next test (which will be before reinstatement) they'll be shown the door.

Hopefully Dino & staff have watched their games from last year and have made an assessment of the likelihood that they'll contribute in the future. If not, I'm sure that they will have been informed of that and possibly encouraged to find new homes. Dino would be gambling on them not to fail another SU drug test if he brought them back. Seems risky, especially knowing that you could sign 2 more 2016 recruits, without any baggage, instead.

If they return, my guess is that they miss Spring practice, will get to participate in pre-season camp and then be suspended for 3 games.

Maybe I'm reading it differently but if it's an academic year they will be back during spring practice will they not? They were suspended in the 2015/2016 academic year which ends in May

Moontan said:
Right... So that when they fail their next test (which will be before reinstatement) they'll be shown the door. Hopefully Dino & staff have watched their games from last year and have made an assessment of the likelihood that they'll contribute in the future. If not, I'm sure that they will have been informed of that and possibly encouraged to find new homes. Dino would be gambling on them not to fail another SU drug test if he brought them back. Seems risky, especially knowing that you could sign 2 more 2016 recruits, without any baggage, instead. If they return, my guess is that they miss Spring practice, will get to participate in pre-season camp and then be suspended for 3 games.

Shepherd looked pretty good last year. Would hate to lose him.

Thank you much. Three games isn't all that bad for them and the program. Pickard should be able to get in there early and one other leftover
6 is half the season. That's why they missed 3 last year and 3 this year.

Thank you much. Three games isn't all that bad for them and the program. Pickard should be able to get in there early and one other leftover
OK e last year and there this coming season It beats them being kicked off the team permanently.

But can they have contact with Boeheim?!:confused:

That's like crossing the streams!!!

crossing-the-streams.jpg

Maybe I'm reading it differently but if it's an academic year they will be back during spring practice will they not? They were suspended in the 2015/2016 academic year which ends in May

Kind of read it this way myself.

mgurtz79 said:

That's a nice loophole. Works for me!

Right... So that when they fail their next test (which will be before reinstatement) they'll be shown the door.

Hopefully Dino & staff have watched their games from last year and have made an assessment of the likelihood that they'll contribute in the future. If not, I'm sure that they will have been informed of that and possibly encouraged to find new homes. Dino would be gambling on them not to fail another SU drug test if he brought them back. Seems risky, especially knowing that you could sign 2 more 2016 recruits, without any baggage, instead.

If they return, my guess is that they miss Spring practice, will get to participate in pre-season camp and then be suspended for 3 games.

Sheppard and ealey are excellent prospects. We arent showing these guys the door... Hopefully they get their together

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom