Class of 2023 - QB Ajani Sheppard (NY) Verbal to Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB Ajani Sheppard (NY) Verbal to Rutgers

At first glance he looks good to me. Looks pretty darn good and would appear to be a very good system fit. Appears to be big and strong, solid runner, can throw on the run and has poise in the pocket. Looks like he has a quick release and a pretty good arm. A 70% completion percentage and high TD to interception ratios point to him being accurate. Seems like a solid prospect. His brother being at Cuse would seem to be a positive. Qadir left Cuse because of discipline issues right? If so, don't think that would hurt us here.

Good thing for us is that Beck will be able to say yay or nay. And I trust beck
Let’s see here. 70 % Comp, 2357 YDS, 22 TDS, 4 INT’s, Rush 138 – 1049 YDS, 22 TDS.
Watched his tape. Decent speed. Many of his throws were from the 40 – 45 yard line, one from the 50. His throws, IMO, are tight spirals and he gets rid of the ball quickly. Stats are great. Don’t like his carrying the ball around end in one hand and neither will Beck.

Let’s see here. 70 % Comp, 2357 YDS, 22 TDS, 4 INT’s, Rush 138 – 1049 YDS, 22 TDS.
Watched his tape. Decent speed. Many of his throws were from the 40 – 45 yard line, one from the 50. His throws, IMO, are tight spirals and he gets rid of the ball quickly. Stats are great. Don’t like his carrying the ball around end in one hand and neither will Beck.
If he commits here; I am sure Coach Beck will immediately begin teaching him ball security!

The rest of his measurable like completion % and throwing tight spirals for distance make him a very desirable QB candidate!

Wasn't his brother booted out by Babers? That will be make for an interesting recruitment I'd think.
His brother did something bad at Syracuse and was kicked out of college. It was bad enough that he had to go to Ole Miss to continue playing football.

He apparently speaks well of Syracuse and doesn’t blame the coaching staff for his mistakes. I think we have a great chance if we decide to offer.

His brother did something bad at Syracuse and was kicked out of college. It was bad enough that he had to go to Ole Miss to continue playing football.

He apparently speaks well of Syracuse and doesn’t blame the coaching staff for his mistakes. I think we have a great chance if we decide to offer.
That's good to know. I know he was kicked out for a valid reason, but that always doesn't correlate to seeing the error of your ways. Definitely refreshing.

That's good to know. I know he was kicked out for a valid reason, but that always doesn't correlate to seeing the error of your ways. Definitely refreshing.
He was recruited by Shafer. He failed the drug test twice his Freshman year and was indefinitely suspended. Didn't see the field the last three games of 2015. When Babers came in he dismissed him from the team. At least that was the story.

If he commits here; I am sure Coach Beck will immediately begin teaching him ball security!

The rest of his measurable like completion % and throwing tight spirals for distance make him a very desirable QB candidate!
Ozone, thanks for your reply. I enjoy your daily computer reflections of the topic of the day- wish I knew how to do them.

I bet ball security will be the first thing Jason will speak to him about, if in fact, we offer and he accepts.

Message me and I will let you know how to post some images and thank you!

Jim Mora was a solid hire for them.

It may not manifest itself this year or next, but he has Marroned their program. It will take time for depth and relationship mending, but he has been all over the state of Connecticut actively wooing high school coaches and is trying to upgrade talent at key spots.

He can have them at least competitive in a few years, to at least challenge for bowl eligibility.

It may not manifest itself this year or next, but he has Marroned their program. It will take time for depth and relationship mending, but he has been all over the state of Connecticut actively wooing high school coaches and is trying to upgrade talent at key spots.

He can have them at least competitive in a few years, to at least challenge for bowl eligibility.
Coaching matters

If someone didn’t know Randy quit at U Conn, this tweet would tell them, because no one ever was excited to visit there when he was coach
I am assuming Syracuse is no longer interested since we got our QB for this class.

I think UConn might be his best bet to get a scholarship at a FBS school. Hope he gets an offer there. Seems like a good young man. Always root for NYS players to get scholarships……

Yes he was. I don’t know if he’ll ultimately be successful but that program was in shambles and they were lucky to be able to land him considering all the challenges there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom