Class of 2014 - QB Alin Edouard (FL) to Garden City CC/Commits to Jackson State/Returns to JUCO/Joining Coach Acosta's Coaching Staff Del Valle HS | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB Alin Edouard (FL) to Garden City CC/Commits to Jackson State/Returns to JUCO/Joining Coach Acosta's Coaching Staff Del Valle HS

Yup, where would we be without ED? Think about it. Lester picked him last munute outta 100+ tapes he reviewed just to get a last minute qb into that recruiting class. I believe he was less than a 2* and possibly unrated. Shafer et al left us with plenty of key contributors.
Dungey was a 3* guy on both Ryvals and Skowt.

This is so weird that my post keeps leaving out the letter " ". I type it, yet it's not there. I edit it, yet it doesn't show up. Looks like someone got the outta here!

EDIT-Ahh, this post is not brought to you by the letter that can't be named!!
Check your post now. Is that sorta better... I made it FA.M.I.L.Y.;)

Dungey was a 3* guy on both Ryvals and Skowt.

Thanks for the info. Was a weird situation. Seemed late in the recruiting cycle. The impression was almost as he didn't have many solid offers. I mean, we didnt steal him away from any pac12 or mountain west schools, right?

Thanks for the info. Was a weird situation. Seemed late in the recruiting cycle. The impression was almost as he didn't have many solid offers. I mean, we didnt steal him away from any pac12 or mountain west schools, right?

Oregon State offered him after he committed to us. But it was mostly Mountain West type schools prior to his commitment, Colorado St., Air Force, etc.

Oregon State offered him after he committed to us. But it was mostly Mountain West type schools prior to his commitment, Colorado St., Air Force, etc.

From what I know/have heard from those who know the family, he had a penchant for coming East (if not offered by the Big Time Pac 10 teams) in part because his mom is originally from Long Island. I believe we "stole" him from Harvard when it came down to it.

Good luck to him. He also had an offer from Illinois, but opted to play in the SWAC where he may have felt more comfortable.

On a related note, take care of your academics in high school. Probably the easiest time in your life as a student. Doesn't take much effort to get a C and still qualify to most D1 schools as an athlete.

That 2014 recruiting class looked great on paper. And then the guys rated 4 stars at the various sites turned out like this:

KJ Williams - never enrolled, went JUCO and don't believe he's even playing anymore
Alin Edouard - sorta enrolled, left, went JUCO and now is going FCS to Jackson St.
AJ Long - enrolled, transferred to Wagner and now to Westchester U.
Adly Enoicy - enrolled, redshirted, 1 catch for 35 yards through 2 seasons

That 2014 recruiting class looked great on paper. And then the guys rated 4 stars at the various sites turned out like this:

KJ Williams - never enrolled, went JUCO and don't believe he's even playing anymore
Alin Edouard - sorta enrolled, left, went JUCO and now is going FCS to Jackson St.
Good ol George McF*it

Good ol George McF*it

I think all of those guys were his recruits. Really all we have to thank him for was Estime, Ishmael and I think Cordy and Hudson.

Most overrated recruiter ever. I fell for it hook, line and sinker when he was hired after he landed Corey Cooper who subsequently turned into nothing.

I think there are 4 or 5 more formerly committed kids who had academic issues or had offers pulled ? I'd have to comb the old info or look at FAU/FIU rosters.

I think there are 4 or 5 more formerly committed kids who had academic issues or had offers pulled ? I'd have to comb the old info or look at FAU/FIU rosters.

Yeah I remember Andrew Spence and Gerald Robinson in particular. You're right.

That was also the downfall of Coach P. The best recruits never made it to the field and it crippled the program.

I think all of those guys were his recruits. Really all we have to thank him for was Estime, Ishmael and I think Cordy and Hudson.

Most overrated recruiter ever. I fell for it hook, line and sinker when he was hired after he landed Corey Cooper who subsequently turned into nothing.

Oh I remember when I would get bashed non-stop for standing on my stoop with that one.

Back to JUCO
Independence is supposed to be the new focus of Last Chance U season 3... it'd be interesting to see him on there if that's the case.

Just finished season 3 of Last Chance U. No mention of him, but it seems he signed with UTSA as a tight end.

Just finished season 3 of Last Chance U. No mention of him, but it seems he signed with UTSA as a tight end.

Seems like we've been following him from one school to another for a decade

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom