Class of 2014 - QB Alin Edouard (FL) to Garden City CC/Commits to Jackson State/Returns to JUCO/Joining Coach Acosta's Coaching Staff Del Valle HS | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB Alin Edouard (FL) to Garden City CC/Commits to Jackson State/Returns to JUCO/Joining Coach Acosta's Coaching Staff Del Valle HS

anomander

Living Legend
Perhaps he wasn't aware of how many fans the Canes don't actually have? I sent pictures of their home games to a Michigan fan the other day since he thought I was BSing about how bad their crowds are. Needless to say he was amazed.

11643473-large.jpg

I guess I'm mildly surprised we would add another QB with A.J. long given we took 3 this past class...

I guess I'm mildly surprised we would add another QB with A.J. long given we took 3 this past class...

were going to need them. We lose Allen, Loeb, and Kinder. Only leaves Hunt, Kimble, Wilson, AJ.

[/quote="anomander, post: 736630, member: 2766"]were going to need them. We lose Allen, Loeb, and Kinder. Only leaves Hunt, Kimble, Wilson, AJ.[/quote]

We should have those four, plus don't we also have to include Moose's kid too? That's plenty...
I'm a BIG AJ fan, think the kind of loyalty and enthusiasm he has shown to SU is uncommon... Think we should show him reciprocity...

Edit: Got Tim Green confused with D.Johnston...:)

Last edited:
That'ste="anomander, post: 736630, member: 2766"]were going to need them. We lose Allen, Loeb, and Kinder. Only leaves Hunt, Kimble, Wilson, AJ.
That

We should have those four, plus don't you have to also include Moose's kid? That's plenty...
I'm a BIG AJ fan, think the kind of loyalty and enthusiasm he has shown to SU is uncommon... Think we should show him reciprocity...[/quote]

I'm totally supportive of whatever the staff decides. This kid looks like a player, so if they think he would be a good addition I don't see what the difference is bringing in a kid this season or next? And I don't think you can count Green in when comparing him to these kids.

Perhaps he wasn't aware of how many fans the Canes don't actually have? I sent pictures of their home games to a Michigan fan the other day since he thought I was BSing about how bad their crowds are. Needless to say he was amazed.

11643473-large.jpg
The few fans they have are awfully loud. Just not at their actual games.

Also note just how important social media is in today's recruiting. All coaches should be required to utilize it, no matter if you don't line it or not.
Rob Moore does what he wants!!!

at the 1:30 mark he throws the ball from the 20 to the 20

then at 2:20 he throws from the his 25 to the the 1o yard line for 65 yards

he's got some Taylor Martinez in him

Rob Moore does what he wants!!!

LOL! That's right and if you are a 17 year old who doesn't agree, then the hell with you, you are an idiot. I hate bashing one of the all time greats at SU(as a player) but I am sorry, I watch interviews with Rob and his grimness is palpable.

Damn he does have a strong arm.

ya if we can get this kid we gotta go get him. great arm, and great feet. very impressive against good competition

11643473-large.jpg
50% of these are just dolphin fans confused on what day to show up! The other 50% are fans who fell asleep and didn't wake up at last weeks dolphins game. Students do try to attend the games, but think they are played at South Beach and can't find the gate!

50% of these are just dolphin fans confused on what day to show up! The other 50% are fans who fell asleep and didn't wake up at last weeks dolphins game. Students do try to attend the games, but think they are played at South Beach and can't find the gate!
Q: How can you tell if you have poor fan support?

A: SU fans make fun of it.

LOL! That's right and if you are a 17 year old who doesn't agree, then the hell with you, you are an idiot. I hate bashing one of the all time greats at SU(as a player) but I am sorry, I watch interviews with Rob and his grimness is palpable.

I think it must be tough for the former NFL guys, particularly pro-bowl types like Rob Moore. You're generally better than the players you have to recruit and coach, and you have to kiss their asses during the process. I generally dont disagree with anything Moore says re: recruiting (e.g., if you pick a college because they have 18 inch flat screens in your locker, you're pretty much a vapid moron). But that is the name of the game these days and to be a recruiting luddite doesnt serve the program well.

I have a friend who made a lot of money playing in the NFL. He wanted to get into coaching and started at the college level. He has quickly transitioned to the NFL. Why would some man with 20 mil in the bank want to go chasing teenagers to come play football for a school? Frankly, its beneath him.

That's what made Ty Wheatley so impressive as a recruiter. Despite having the same background as Moore, he seemed to really be a passionate recruiter who loved the chase and making connections.

@CNee247: Hialeah (Fla.) three-star QB Alin Edouard's first official visit will be to #Syracuse http://t.co/46BXIUDydD via @

Nice feels like he could be the next Brolyd /Swiss army knife for us. Very nice to see he's coming to us first. Any chance it's for the Clemson game?

I think it must be tough for the former NFL guys, particularly pro-bowl types like Rob Moore. You're generally better than the players you have to recruit and coach, and you have to kiss their asses during the process. I generally dont disagree with anything Moore says re: recruiting (e.g., if you pick a college because they have 18 inch flat screens in your locker, you're pretty much a vapid moron). But that is the name of the game these days and to be a recruiting luddite doesnt serve the program well.

I have a friend who made a lot of money playing in the NFL. He wanted to get into coaching and started at the college level. He has quickly transitioned to the NFL. Why would some man with 20 mil in the bank want to go chasing teenagers to come play football for a school? Frankly, its beneath him.

That's what made Ty Wheatley so impressive as a recruiter. Despite having the same background as Moore, he seemed to really be a passionate recruiter who loved the chase and making connections.

The opposite goes as well. When George DeLeone left SU for the Chargers he quickly realized how much he hated working with pros. Thought they were selfish, wealthy punks who didn't listen to him. That's why he came back to SU so fast.

nice, this kid is a big time athlete.

he is one of those kids who you could consider has come out of nowhere and rates up on the big time list. early commit to miami then decommitted a couple of weeks ago, offers from lville, nebraska, tennessee, penn state among many others and yet he's officially visiting Cuse. We're moving forward.

Yes, Moore is pretty dead on with what he said but if you want to be a recruiter, you don't say what he said out loud. You have to have a strong stomach to recruit, and the ability to bite your tongue, swallow your pride and any other cliche I can think of. Don't think Rob can do these things. As far as this kid, he looks like a hell of an athlete. Wonder when he is coming up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom