Class of 2014 - QB Alin Edouard (FL) to Garden City CC/Commits to Jackson State/Returns to JUCO/Joining Coach Acosta's Coaching Staff Del Valle HS | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB Alin Edouard (FL) to Garden City CC/Commits to Jackson State/Returns to JUCO/Joining Coach Acosta's Coaching Staff Del Valle HS

So this is digging deep into the past at this point, but I feel like we should at least keep open the possibility Alin eventually re-commits to SU.

Unlikely, I know, but 1) he still lists Syracuse on his Twitter profile, and 2) he still mentions Syracuse relatively frequently in his tweets (tweeting about Steve Ishmael, tweeting about watching SU hoops, throwing a #CUSE hashtag in here and there).

Then again, a few of his recent pictures on Twitter have him rocking a K-State hoody, so who knows.

So this is digging deep into the past at this point, but I feel like we should at least keep open the possibility Alin eventually re-commits to SU.

Unlikely, I know, but 1) he still lists Syracuse on his Twitter profile, and 2) he still mentions Syracuse relatively frequently in his tweets (tweeting about Steve Ishmael, tweeting about watching SU hoops, throwing a #CUSE hashtag in here and there).

Then again, a few of his recent pictures on Twitter have him rocking a K-State hoody, so who knows.

my_ship_has_sailed_by_machiavellicro-d5ju5cp.jpg

If you like the kid, you keep recruiting the kid.

Unless you find kids that you like better in the mean time.
Which I think happened with this last class. If one or both of the incoming QB prospects develop, I can't see the staff bringing a JC QB two years down the road. There wouldn't be enough spread between their eligibility years.

GCCC coaches planned on moving him to safety...says a lot. Goodbye Alin.

Was he a McDonald guy?

Not good when a recruit comes up short both academically and athletically.

Yes, he was. Can't imagine the staff is still even remotely interested in bringing him back. "that ship has sailed" is a much used cliché, but a very appropriate one here. I wish the young man all the best.

djorange1989 said:
Yes, he was. Can't imagine the staff is still even remotely interested in bringing him back. "that ship has sailed" is a much used cliché, but a very appropriate one here. I wish the young man all the best.

Nothing but the best, but I can't imagine this is his last stop. This story still has more twists and turns.

He'll probably transfer and become an all american. The ultimate one that got away

jekelish said:
I'll bet just about anything that doesn't happen.

I agree. I just hope this kid gets his education and lives well. It sounds like he is bouncing right now, I hope he finds stability.

I agree. I just hope this kid gets his education and lives well. It sounds like he is bouncing right now, I hope he finds stability.

Agreed. I wish him the best. He grew up under tough circumstances and his family and high school didn't help him much. Hope he gets his act together, graduates from a JUCO and gets a full scholarship somewhere.

One of the things I love about football is how it gives talented kids born to less than ideal circumstances a chance to escape from a bad environment and make something of themselves. AE seems like a good kid. Hope he makes the best of his second chance. There likely will not be a third.

I think that Womack beasts him out on size and speed alone. A not so subtle side note is that Womack is an Alabama kid. If he comes north and makes it big prospects in that pat of the country have proof that a good ole southern boy can make i.e. big in the northern country. and Syracuse specifically.

Agreed.

I think that Womack beasts him out on size and speed alone. A not so subtle side note is that Womack is an Alabama kid. If he comes north and makes it big prospects in that pat of the country have proof that a good ole southern boy can make i.e. big in the northern country. and Syracuse specifically.

Um Cali they do it all the time ... have you looked at an NFL roster lately? I'll give you Syracuse ... but they don't avoid coming north because they are afraid of the level of football there that I can assure you. The SEC gives them all that they need.

Um Cali they do it all the time ... have you looked at an NFL roster lately? I'll give you Syracuse ... but they don't avoid coming north because they are afraid of the level of football there that I can assure you. The SEC gives them all that they need.
My opinion--Cali meant that they (Clark, Womack, etal.) could lead the way for more recruits from the traditional Old South making their way to SU. Florida recruits have headed to northern football destinations for decades. Those from Alabama, Georgia, etc., not so much.

My opinion--Cali meant that they (Clark, Womack, etal.) could lead the way for more recruits from the traditional Old South making their way to SU. Florida recruits have headed to northern football destinations for decades. Those from Alabama, Georgia, etc., not so much.

I know what he meant ... kids from Bama & Georgia have gone north to other programs. However when you say "a good ole southern boy can make it" you are implying that they feel they cannot. They don't go north because of weather and the fact that in the past Syracuse has not recruited there and doing so now in a down period makes it even harder to convince them. If were a matter of worrying about making it they would go where competition for starting spots was lesser, like at SU. That itself should be a selling point but they want the big time atmosphere here.

The biggest fear a "good ole southern boy" would have in coming north is cultural, not athletic. So, there's something to be gained by having southerners go back home and say that life in Syracuse is tolerable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom