Class of 2014 - QB Alin Edouard (FL) to Garden City CC/Commits to Jackson State/Returns to JUCO/Joining Coach Acosta's Coaching Staff Del Valle HS | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB Alin Edouard (FL) to Garden City CC/Commits to Jackson State/Returns to JUCO/Joining Coach Acosta's Coaching Staff Del Valle HS

The biggest fear a "good ole southern boy" would have in coming north is cultural, not athletic. So, there's something to be gained by having southerners go back home and say that life in Syracuse is tolerable.

I think you mean the weather is tolerable :)

Yes, he was. Can't imagine the staff is still even remotely interested in bringing him back. "that ship has sailed" is a much used cliché, but a very appropriate one here. I wish the young man all the best.
Man his talent though is so worth a stretch here...

Man his talent though is so worth a stretch here...

Really talented kid. It's a shame how things worked out. I wish this one could be stretched but don't think it in the cards

He'll probably transfer and become an all american. The ultimate one that got away
That would so be our luck. We can't catch a break with landing a stud Juco or transfer. No offense to some of the good ones like Dibate and Kelly.

Rutgers has offered and has a visit this weekend from Jalen Chatman from Narbonne HS in CA. Sean Rileys HS.

Rutgers has offered and has a visit this weekend from Jalen Chatman from Narbonne HS in CA. Sean Rileys HS.
Alin's stats from Independence CC:

15 of 33 passing (45.5%) for 202 yards. 2 TDs. 3 interceptions.

13 rushes for 23 yards, with 4 fumbles, 2 of them lost.

He sounds like he would fit right in at Rutgers. Seriously, their player evaluation process, or lack thereof, is unbelievable.

Alin's stats from Independence CC:

15 of 33 passing (45.5%) for 202 yards. 2 TDs. 3 interceptions.

13 rushes for 23 yards, with 4 fumbles, 2 of them lost.

He sounds like he would fit right in at Rutgers. Seriously, their player evaluation process, or lack thereof, is unbelievable.

Not for nothing, but I think that says a lot about Shafer's evaluation process, too. Which - along with many other things - is part of the reason why we are where we are now.

Not for nothing, but I think that says a lot about Shafer's evaluation process, too. Which - along with many other things - is part of the reason why we are where we are now.

I thought Alin was a George McDonald recruit? Correct me if I'm wrong - was\is Brisly Estime the only McDonald recruit to have an impact?

Not for nothing, but I think he did ok with SU's current QB. ;)

I also think we have to see how things progress with Culpepper before really passing judgement on his QB recruiting. Yes 2013 and 2014 were lost years, 1 really not his fault, the other all his fault.

Seems like the biggest priority in the Rutgers passing game is to have a QB that can run it up the gut 1 yard. So glad we didn't get Ash.

Not for nothing, but I think he did ok with SU's current QB. ;)

Yup, where would we be without ED? Think about it. Lester picked him last munute outta 100+ tapes he reviewed just to get a last minute qb into that recruiting class. I believe he was less than a 2* and possibly unrated. Shafer et al left us with plenty of key contributors.

Ash Era? Is that like the Cousin Oliver Era on The Brady Bunch?

rr3_Small_.JPG

Quasi- FA.M.I.L.Y.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors