QB Battle? | Syracusefan.com

QB Battle?

dlegend44

Scout Team
I am not trying to create a fake controversy, this question is based out of my lack of inside knowledge on the topic.

Everything I have heard leading into the season stated that Loeb was going to be the starter and play the majority of minutes. I saw an interview with Shaefer after the spring game and one of his first comments was that Terrell (I am assuming Hunt) has been one of the most consistent performers.

Is Loeb the clear starter or is this an open competition for the starting spot?

Drew Allen isn't coming to Syracuse to hold a clipboard.

Loeb did not look ready to be a starter during spring game. Hunt had the clear advantage. I'm not basing what happens in the fall solely on spring game, but it certainly gave me a glimpse of where the guys were at. And as said above, if Drew comes in anything like advertised were going to have full blown battle on our hands.

Loeb is not the starter as of now, Hunt is. Drew Allen will make it a 2 QB race. This is McDonald's offense now so that hurt Loeb from the onset. Still have summer ball to go though.

we established a while ago that Drew Allen is the starting quarterback for the 2013 Syracuse Football Orange.

loeb will likely be 3rd string.

I wouldn't rule out anyone at this point. August camp is going to be fun.**

**fun for me. I won't have to do two-a-days.

I'd prefer to see hunt motivated to keep the job this year, and have a returning starter for 2014. But whatever, may the best man win

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

A fifth year senior would only start if he were significantly better than a guy with a future in the program. It appears that Charlie Loeb is not that guy, but Drew Allen might be. Terrell Hunt seems to be the best of the underclassmen, so that's the challenge to Loeb and to Allen - prove that you're superior to Hunt.

A fifth year senior would only start if he were significantly better than a guy with a future in the program. It appears that Charlie Loeb is not that guy, but Drew Allen might be. Terrell Hunt seems to be the best of the underclassmen, so that's the challenge to Loeb and to Allen - prove that you're superior to Hunt.
If Hunt doesn't win the job this year he could be in for a battle depending on how Kimble develops during his RS year.

I really, really liked his tape and his athletic ability. Plus he is smart as hell and will continue to grow physically once he enters a D-1 S&C program.

I think Kimble is the type of athlete that could move to another skill position if things don't workout at QB.

Does anyone think that, because of Drew Allen's late start, Hunt might get the call fro the first four games, then give way to Allen for the ACC schedule?

That might work out the best.
1) It gives Hunt four games of starting experience
2) It gives Drew another month or practices to learn the playbook

What do you think?

Does anyone think that, because of Drew Allen's late start, Hunt might get the call fro the first four games, then give way to Allen for the ACC schedule?

That might work out the best.
1) It gives Hunt four games of starting experience
2) It gives Drew another month or practices to learn the playbook

What do you think?

No - Drew is as close to a pro you're going get in a 1st year starter. I think if he has trouble picking up the system, but has the arm, leadership, etc - you just add on to the play book as you go.

I think Hunt will be listed at #1 at the start of fall practice. Allen will be given every opportunity to unseat him. Loeb would have gotten the job imo if Marrone and/or Hackett had not left due to his advantage in the system. Without that Hunt was able to pass him and Allen likely will too. My best guess is Allen wins the job, starts the first game and Hunt will hoopefully see a little more time than 2nd stringers have the past few years. I'm a proponent of giving the backup a series or 2 per game. Helps develop the backup and also gives the starter a chance to observe the defense a little. Other than the past 2 years I feel better about QB than I have in a long long time.

I want T. Hunt to win the job.

But I hope the best man wins of course - if that's Drew Allen - great.