Class of 2020 - QB Brett Nezat (AL) Verbal to Arkansas State | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Brett Nezat (AL) Verbal to Arkansas State

Point being the coaches know better than you, or the so called recruiting service ranking. Funny when according to you Dungey was the second best in Oregon nobody out there gave him a sniff, and I mean nobody. His only offers were you know who and I think Harvard.

First, he wasn't the second best recruit in Oregon according to me; he was the second best recruit in Oregon according to the aggregation site.

Second, you're right. The coaches know better than I ever will, but—and follow me on this—he doesn't have an offer. Can we stop this conversation now? If you read the thread, you'll see several instances where I flat out admit that I am not the arbiter of player potential. Do you want me to say that to you personally? SUbear, I am not the arbiter of potential, nor am I the person he has to prove himself to. If the coaches offer him and he commits, then I hope he does well and that I eat crow.

Are we done?

I am so, so glad that Dead Period ends this week and y'all will stop sniping at each other. I'm feeling like the mother who is ready to send her children back to school.

I’m sorry mom . . . . :(

There are over 150 college football teams that we could schedule and play. Each team has a minimum of 4 Qbs. Eric came out of the blue. Heck our All American kicker was a walk on. As to the kid from Alabama i like him. My concern is he won't hack it from a culture fit stand point. Bama is weird south. Its not VA Maryland NC Georgia or Florida. Its BAMA. If you have ever spent time there its about as different from CNY as you can get.
Steven Clark liked it here, and would have finished here without being disqualified.

it's relatively simple, folks. we obviously should continue to hit Florida hard because we have done really well there, and of course we will take whatever good players we can get from random states like Alabama, North Carolina etc. At the end of the day, we will need to start making more inroads in Jersey and PA. I believe we will when we keep winning. Kids in general like to be in driving distance from home: their families can come see them play, they can come for less cost, kids like to be able to go home more easily to see family and friends, acclimating to a school in a nearby state is easier etc etc etc

it's relatively simple, folks. we obviously should continue to hit Florida hard because we have done really well there, and of course we will take whatever good players we can get from random states like Alabama, North Carolina etc. At the end of the day, we will need to start making more inroads in Jersey and PA. I believe we will when we keep winning. Kids in general like to be in driving distance from home: their families can come see them play, they can come for less cost, kids like to be able to go home more easily to see family and friends, acclimating to a school in a nearby state is easier etc etc etc
And Canada.

Brett Nezat. You know, the guy whose name is on the thread?

Brett Nezat. Take all the other stuff to the main forum. Thanks.

And Canada.

forgot Canada, although it is a bit shakier these days, seems more kids from there are moving down to schools in the US to face better competition and get their stocks even higher and we lose our geographic advantage to some degree. or maybe it just feels that way because of Christian V.

“Brett is going on two years now as our quarterback, and I’ve yet to see him lose his composure in a game or get rattled even in practice,” Saraland coach Jeff Kelly said. “I’m usually pretty good at rattling a quarterback in practice. Brett is a pretty cool customer.”
Nezat is 20-2 as Saraland’s starting quarterback. His only losses came against Spanish Fort in the regular season finale last year and current Auburn quarterback Bo Nix and Pinson Valley in the Class 6A title game last December.
“I get to be around him every day,” said Kelly, a former Southern Miss and NFL quarterback. “I see him in practice. I see the leader he is out there, all the intangible things he does day in and day out that might not be evident on video.
“He can make all the throws. He has the ability to read defenses, to make the best decisions based on what defenses are giving us at the time. What we ask him to do is something that will help him on the next level. He very rarely has just one option on any play.”
Nezat is completing 60 percent of his passes this season for 994 yards. He’s thrown for 15 touchdowns and has been intercepted just twice. With Nezat at the helm, Saraland’s starting offense has scored touchdowns on all but four drives this season. The starters have not had to play a lot in the second half because of the lopsided scores of the games.

3 pages in and no Saraland to Sara-cuse quips...

I know he doesn't have an SU offer but I hope we continue offering QBs who are 6'5 & up (assuming he's a legit 6'5).

Recruit starters every year.

Yep. Not sure how we got back to this discussion again. The consistency of OL and QB recruiting expedited Shafer's downfall so being back here again is definitely frustrating.