Class of 2018 - QB Cade Fortin (GA) Committed to USF | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB Cade Fortin (GA) Committed to USF

Don’t think anyone is saying he doesn’t.

But you implied Dino’s approach to recruiting a transfer QB, with immediate eligibility, was to tell him that DeVito is his starter.

You don’t actually believe that, right?
does he actually say it to a recruit---no. he has from day one made it very clear td is and will be the man. he was too public about it. he placed way to much emphasis on devito . say what you want privately, but handle the public stuff more cautiously. as a recruit you have to believe you get a good look and not be ruled out of anything automatically ---particularly a qb.

does he actually say it to a recruit---no. he has from day one made it very clear td is and will be the man. he was too public about it. he placed way to much emphasis on devito . say what you want privately, but handle the public stuff more cautiously. as a recruit you have to believe you get a good look and not be ruled out of anything automatically ---particularly a qb.

I guess I don't understand what Dino has said to publicly endorse DeVito that would betray any attempt to recruit a transfer QB like Fortin.

DeVito didn't make it through the year due to injuries and was pulled by Babers at one of the most critical junctures of the season.

I believe those facts better support going after a kid like Fortin more than any coachspeak in a press conference could damage.

If Dino was "too public" about it then there must be a public record. So what exactly has Dino said that would make you believe he has made it clear to recruits, members of this site, and readers & writers of the various media that TD has the starting job as long as he is at Syracuse?

"Look what i did with Trevor Lawrence. I can do that for you, you can play right away and it's only an hour flight from home (and in Florida)."

Last edited:
"Look what i did with Trevor Lawrence. I can do that for you, you can play right away and it's only an hour flight from home."

Bingo. I remember reading this is what the Dazzlers pitch was at Temple to a future recruit, "Your basically getting the Florida offensive staff"

Total Yards:

Dungey - 2972
Devito - 2482

They both accounted for 21 TDs and Dungey played 3 less games due to injury

I mean, my point stands: "and most importantly, this close of a comparison makes my point, no? Tommy gets much more grief than Eric did, but they are roughly tracking similar career paths, so far. And that is good"

But if you want to really hash it out:

PlayerQB Efficiency RatingTD (rush + pass)INTComp %Full games played
Eric Dungey, 1st year starting136.616559.7%7
Eric Dungey, Sophmore year138.221764.8%8
Tommy DeVito, Sophmore year and 1st year starting137.721563.2%10
Ryan Nassib, 1st year starting124.220856.2%12

Again, it's close and that's the point. He and Eric put in very similar years at very similar points in their careers. He's our starting QB going forward. Based on our history, he's projected to be one of the best here since McNabb (alongside Eric and Ryan).

Another note - there are only 2 QB's in the last 20 years with a QB rating over 130, 19 TD or more with 10 or less INT, and a higher than 60% completion rate. Nassib his senior year and DeVito this year. (This discounts Eric's running - and that's a very big asterisk obviously.)

I'm only going to say this one more time. If you want to kvetch about coaches take it to the football forum. Next time instead of just deleting your posts I'm giving out warning points.

I have a raging clue he's going the FCS route.
BDK8rAjCMAAvjJr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom