Class of 2018 - QB Cade Fortin (GA) Committed to USF | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB Cade Fortin (GA) Committed to USF

1573048379385.png

Brilliant brilliant call bringing Cade to a packed house for the the ACC basketball kickoff as opposed to the dumpster fire that was a football game last weekend.

ehhhh not so sure it’s going to be packed with the 9pm start...

Brilliant brilliant call bringing Cade to a packed house for the the ACC basketball kickoff as opposed to the dumpster fire that was a football game last weekend.
This. Still can't believe Kinsler committed after the BC BS.

This is a darn near pivotal get just for the depth/competition perspective. We really need to land this kid but Vandy's a player.
Maybe, but there's a good chance their coach gets fired.

One thing we DO know is that the basketball team didn't do their part -- the Dome was pretty much silent, since the fans had nothing to root for. Missed opportunity.

you would think there would have at least been some noise due to sarcastic cheers, like when they finally would make a field goal, or free throw, or get a rebound

Hopefully when Girard first went to the scorer's table to check in, and everyone cheered, someone whispered in his ear, "that could be you"

And when everyone left at 10:20 pm and 10 minutes left to play, that same person said "you can make them stay"

It's the little things you do on a recruiting trip.

One thing we DO know is that the basketball team didn't do their part -- the Dome was pretty much silent, since the fans had nothing to root for. Missed opportunity.

In addition to the five star guard they had in, you have to hope both staffs buttered their targets up.

These things are never as important as fans like to think they are. I never get too worked up about how a game/crowd is b/c players don’t ever commit under awesome conditions and some great commits, commit after crappy games.

These things are never as important as fans like to think they are. I never get too worked up about how a game/crowd is b/c players don’t ever commit under awesome conditions and some great commits, commit after crappy games.
That's your entirely subjective opinion.

My entirely subjective opinion is that I would like to land this QB, to challenge for a starting role, and would have preferred to have a more exciting game with a more excited crowd to enhance the experience while he was on campus for an official visit. Ceteris paribus, a better game with a more engaged crowd > a crappy game.

Coaches bring kids to games for a reason.

That's your entirely subjective opinion.

My entirely subjective opinion is that I would like to land this QB, to challenge for a starting role, and would have preferred to have a more exciting game with a more excited crowd to enhance the experience.

Coaches bring kids to games for a reason.
Do you know if they even took him to the game? I not sure for a kid who has already gone through the recruiting process going to a BB game is a priority. He's looking for a new landing spot to get an education and play football.

I’ve sat behind and almost right next to recruits at FB games. Half the time they’re on their phones and only sort of watching the games.

I’m not implying that having a good atmosphere for their visit isn’t a positive thing but from the recruits we are more likely in play for it seems to rank fairly low overall. We’ve had important recruits commit that their only visit to the dome was against a team like Colgate. Rarely in a commits interview do they mention that the crowd, game experience they witnessed was a factor in their decision. I don’t think what I said was that subjective actually.

Do you know if they even took him to the game? I not sure for a kid who has already gone through the recruiting process going to a BB game is a priority. He's looking for a new landing spot to get an education and play football.

It was reported that they were taking him, unless something changed he should have been there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom