Class of 2018 - QB Chance Amie (TX) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB Chance Amie (TX) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

th

Since the thread was started he has added offers from UVA, Rutgers, UCF, Tulane and Houston.

It's an unofficial as they can't take an official visit, as of now, until after the start of their senior year.

They need to change that rule. Let juniors take officials, maybe as of March 1st of their junior year, give it about a month after signing day. With all the early commitments these days it only makes sense. Which is why the NCAA hasn't done it

They need to change that rule. Let juniors take officials, maybe as of March 1st of their junior year, give it about a month after signing day. With all the early commitments these days it only makes sense. Which is why the NCAA hasn't done it
Patience Grasshopper. ;)

Amended recruiting proposal includes expanded access for early official visits

NASHVILLE -- An extensive spring and summer window for early official visits may receive a green light toward passage Wednesday from the NCAA Division I Council, said Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby, who chairs the Football Oversight Committee, tasked to draft legislation that will bring sweeping change to recruiting.

Bowlsby’s committee met for seven hours Tuesday here at the NCAA convention, forging a compromise with coaches, who last week at the American Football Coaches Association convention unified against a proposed early signing period in June.

Support for the June period is dying, even among administrators. A 72-hour December signing period, to supplement the current February date, remains on the agenda. It will continue to receive consideration from the Collegiate Commissioners Association, which is not set to meet this week in Nashville.

More pressing are the other aspects of NCAA Proposal 2016-16, originally drafted in October to include an opportunity for recruits to take official visits -- paid by the schools -- in parts of June and July before their senior years.

Prospects currently are prevented from taking official visits until September of their senior years.

As part of the compromise negotiated Tuesday by the oversight committee, Bowlsby said, the proposal will be amended to include access to prospects for official visits in April, May, June and July.

The Division I Council, a 40-member group chaired by Northwestern Athletic Director Jim Phillips, is meeting Wednesday to hear of such changes made to the original proposal. Bowlsby is also a member of the council.

Under a mandate from the NCAA Division I Board of Directors, the council is expected to approve details at this convention of an amended proposal. The council would then take a vote on the proposal in April, potentially opening four months in the spring and summer for official visits as early as 2018 -- with or without an early signing period.

“I think there is an appetite for some change,” said Mississippi State’s Dan Mullen, the lone coach who is a voting member of the Football Oversight Committee. “Everybody came to some compromises. I think what we’re trying to do is get to a great starting point -- and what everybody on the committee understands now is the decision we’re making now is not the end point.

“It’s going to be a gradual but specific plan moving forward.”

I would not bring a kid in on an official visit with signing day nearly a full year away.

if it looks as if the kid is going to make an early decision, I would.
...or if the NCAA is planning to implement an early signing period, "officials" would have to be moved up.

...or if the NCAA is planning to implement an early signing period, "officials" would have to be moved up.

except the 'moved up' signing day is slated for December. Official visit in April = very risky.

deciding early? a verbal commitment means nothing.

would you rather have that, or have some kid from Florida(a state we rely on heavily for talent) who can't afford an unofficial to NY make a decision and eliminate us because he couldn't visit us? I fully understand that it's a verbal and we can try and get the kid on campus and flip him, but I would rather have the commitment sooner as opposed to hoping for the flip later. We have lost a few kids who verballed early, but this staff has done a really good job of holding off suitors.

I would not bring a kid in on an official visit with signing day nearly a full year away.

Pretty much all of the top 25 or so QBs in the country grab their spots before the start of their senior year so if you're not doing that then you're going to have slim pickings at that position.

would you rather have that, or have some kid from Florida(a state we rely on heavily for talent) who can't afford an unofficial to NY make a decision and eliminate us because he couldn't visit us? I fully understand that it's a verbal and we can try and get the kid on campus and flip him, but I would rather have the commitment sooner as opposed to hoping for the flip later. We have lost a few kids who verballed early, but this staff has done a really good job of holding off suitors.

If the kid uses up 5 official visits by June that's one thing. But if he uses 1 visit in April and then the other 4 Nov-Jan well that Syracuse visit is ancient history.

and no I would not rather have the commitment sooner. i could care less about verbal commitments. in your example who has the kid committed to early ? Central Florida or Georgia?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom