Class of 2018 - QB Chance Amie (TX) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB Chance Amie (TX) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

Overthinking it.

1. They all believe they will win the job.
2. In most cases, practice sorts it out. They know who is better.
Couldn't agree more. Things will become clear during preseason camp.

Wo
I liked Amie, but even if he committed here, I'd have no faith he'd stick if he got a P5 offer from any of the Texas schools. Don't feel that way about Levis.
Agree. Would have been a risk for the kid to come North. Let me put ED and ZM aside for a moment. First off, Chance would be looking up at a super talented kid one year ahead of him from (hopefully) a regional HS feeder program. He will also have a talented RS Freshman to compete with. Second, I believe because he is from out of the normal recruiting footprint, he is more likely to be passed over if he doesn't prove to be what the coaches are expecting. If he does not show well in practice, he is therefore much more likely to be converted to, say, WR.

It's for this reason in reverse, I believe, that many of the national NYC recruits that we wish would go to SU are never heard from again after they sign with schools that recruit nationally. They have unfortunately, and perhaps foolishly, put themselves in a position where they better be as good as advertised. If they aren't, they may find themselves sliding to the bottom of the depth chart really fast.

Most people have no idea how to evaluate a Qb , and in these people defense your not supposed to . Heck I see coaches who played defense coaching Qb's , sometimes it's raw talent , sometimes it's an athletic Qb with a big arm and poor mechanics ( that coaches think they can fix ) or a big stiff pro style kid , or a kid who has most tools but lacks a little arm strength , or the kid with no pocket presence. Babers knows how to evaluate for sure just not easy to compete with the national powers to get them

sigh, judges? . . . zing.

toonvectors-12214-140.jpg

Loved this kid's film, but always wondered if there's room in the inn for him. We're stacked at the quarterback position, yet Dino still took a chance (pun intended), so he's obviously talented.
In any case, I'm looking forward to getting a look at the Culpepper kid. JMHO, but I get the sense he's been overlooked a little because of TD.
Good luck to Chance, & his proud Dad!

And Amie took a staff member with him. One less guy from Texas on the staff.

Loved this kid's film, but always wondered if there's room in the inn for him. We're stacked at the quarterback position, yet Dino still took a chance (pun intended), so he's obviously talented.
In any case, I'm looking forward to getting a look at the Culpepper kid. JMHO, but I get the sense he's been overlooked a little because of TD.
Good luck to Chance, & his proud Dad!
They're probably going to take 2 this year if they can get the players they want. Teams need QBs in every class.

Forgot this kid was class of 2018. I figured he just finished his freshman year at Houston and was looking to transfer.

Won't be easy getting him out of the state of Texas, but this staff has proven that if they can get a kid on campus, they can close with the best of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom