Class of 2023 - QB Chris Parson (TN) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB Chris Parson (TN) Offered

Offers from Kansas, Illinois St, Iowa, VT, Alcorn St, Jackson St, Oregon St, TCU, Tennessee St, EKU, Kentucky, Syracuse

I really like this kid. Eyes are always downfield and he throws the receiver open. Really nice long ball.

Apparently even though he’s from Tennessee he’s taking a serious look at us because of our journalism school. Whatever works!
I hope he is a terrific student. Not sure there has ever been a scholarship football player who was a Newhouse student. Unless you count Paulus, who was a little different as a grad transfer.

I hope he is a terrific student. Not sure there has ever been a scholarship football player who was a Newhouse student. Unless you count Paulus, who was a little different as a grad transfer.
It's a good sign that he's researching it... but yeah, tricky stuff

So... being a little out of practice with my bible verses, I had to look up Philippians 4:6.

“...And lo, he who dost slingeth the pigskin with exceptional accuracy and velocity, shall chooseth the Orange...”

huh!

Surprised you would have forgotten that one.

Would be great. Like the fact you have a player that is focused on his academics. Unfortunately I could see the blue bloods coming in and selling him that they can get him in the nfl and after he could go as a masters if he really want to go to su.
Maybe he’s different than most 17 year olds and sees beyond the next year or two but the trend tends to go the other way.

So... being a little out of practice with my bible verses, I had to look up Philippians 4:6.

“...And lo, he who dost slingeth the pigskin with exceptional accuracy and velocity, shall chooseth the Orange...”

huh!
il_794xN.2523294631_f4mn.jpg

On a positive note, no 2023 kid should be afraid of the depth chart in any fashion.

Ravenwood is Nashville suburb near Franklin. Little early to think anything about this recruit. I’m wondering who our ‘22 qb targets are.

Wasn’t Daryl Johnston Newhouse?

Wasn’t Daryl Johnston Newhouse?
I think he was valedictorian of his HS class, but was not known for his achievements as a student at Syracuse.

This is an excerpt from one of Bud's better columns...

QUESTION: Dick MacPherson once declared: "Daryl Johnston came to us as the No. 1 kid in his class of 290. His mother, Ann, gave him to me and I made a beer-drinking, woman-chasing, 2.6 student out of a class valedictorian." What did you think of that? And what did your mom have to say? -- Joseph Olivieri; Walworth, N.Y.

DARYL JOHNSTON:
"I went to Syracuse without a lot of expectations from the coaching staff. I got the last scholarship that year. I was one of four kids who graduated from my high school with a 4.0 grade-point average, so it appeared that I was going to be the posterboy for the academic side of the student-athlete. I think the idea was for me to get my degree in electrical engineering in four years and then get my master's in my fifth year. Then, they could promote me as, 'See, you don't have to be a football player. You can come here as a student-athlete and achieve great things at this university.'

“But you get into the environment and you meet friends and you start working hard because you want the success other people are having. The next thing you know, you’ve become a pretty competitive football player. But I was also overwhelmed in the beginning and I struggled, because I was taking 17 hours of credit in electrical engineering my first three semesters and I got that 2.6. Once I got out of that major and found something I was actually interested in, I was OK. My economics GPA was about 3.6.

“So, overall, it was a combination of adjustment, a heavy workload, a lot of football practice at the Division I level . . . and then, you know, there is a social life in college. The point is, Mac had a great sense of humor. And in time my mother came to enjoy that line a little bit, too. But I can tell you that in the beginning she was not really happy with it.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom