Class of 2021 - QB Christian Veilleux (Canada/MD) Portal from Penn St to Pitt | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Christian Veilleux (Canada/MD) Portal from Penn St to Pitt

He's a 2021. So, so much can happen between now and when he will sign.

He's held a Syracuse offer for some time. He's relatively local. He's high on our board.

Yet he toured all over the place; re-classified; and transferred high schools, one where the level of competition is not necessarily better than what he would face at Canisius. (FWIW, i do not begrudge him these things - he absolute should be acting in his own self-interest and doing what is best for him)

Let's hope I'm wrong, because we need to land another big qb recruit if we are going to cement our status as a top 25 program.

He's not going to Kentucky though either. That's just asinine.

He's held a Syracuse offer for some time. He's relatively local. He's high on our board.

Yet he toured all over the place; re-classified; and transferred high schools, one where the level of competition is not necessarily better than what he would face at Canisius. (FWIW, i do not begrudge him these things - he absolute should be acting in his own self-interest and doing what is best for him)

Let's hope I'm wrong, because we need to land another big qb recruit if we are going to cement our status as a top 25 program.

He's not going to Kentucky though either. That's just asinine.
Maybe I'm wrong but he didn't reclassify. He was always a 2021, definitely would have been if he had stayed in Canada. It was our coaches that wanted him to reclassify to 2020.

Maybe I'm wrong but he didn't reclassify. He was always a 2021, definitely would have been if he had stayed in Canada. It was our coaches that wanted him to reclassify to 2020.

He was listed on Canisius' website as a 2020. I know its not an apples to apples comparison between the US and Canada though so what you're saying about his status had he stayed there may be correct.

Regardless, he had an offer to come in as a 2020. Why pay $45k or more (assuming he is paying to attend Bullis) when you can start college for free next fall? In the end though, i suppose he could have another good year, and maybe choose to graduate early (re-classify back to 2020), which may be easier to accomplish in Maryland than in NY.

He's not coming here. The move to Bullis tells us as much.

Agreed. Looking for bigger fish imo. Makes no sense to pay that kind of money to go to a private high school if he already knows where he's going for college at this point.

Agreed. Looking for bigger fish imo. Makes no sense to pay that kind of money to go to a private high school if he already knows where he's going for college at this point.
Just because you want to catch a bigger fish when you go fishing doesn't mean you're going to catch one. ;)

Last edited:
I am not giving up on getting this kid, but him staying in 2021 and especially moving to Maryland were not good developments for us.

Just because you want to catch a bigger fish when you go fishing doesn't mean you're going to catch one. ;)

Understood but it already sorta feels like he views Kentucky that way because they are SEC.

Gotta let the young guy go through the process...who knows what will happen. Short of the kid saying to the staff he has no interest you just ride it out. At some point when the music stops, the chairs fill up. We will either get him or another. Still there is plenty of time...

He had a great visit here 7 weeks ago. Some of you sound like you already want to jump off a cliff because his recruitment has blown up. Let this play out, there is so much time before he needs to ink with anyone.

If I was him, I'd be visiting as many schools as possible and living it up! For sure, would take all 5 OV's. Very, very few get the chance to be courted like this, and if it were my kid, I'd be telling him to enjoy the ride.

Lol. Kentucky is to SEC (FB) what Rutgers is to B1G. He can't be that gullible. it's a schit school.
Not sure why I felt the need to look this up, but I did. From 2014-2108 it looks like Kentucky has a combined record of 34-29. 10 wins last season.

Our record that same span is 25-36, 10 wins of course last season. Let's not pretend like its a no brainer between the schools in terms of recent success.

Not sure why I felt the need to look this up, but I did. From 2014-2108 it looks like Kentucky has a combined record of 34-29. 10 wins last season.

Our record that same span is 25-36, 10 wins of course last season. Let's not pretend like its a no brainer between the schools in terms of recent success.
My post was about the shaky academics there, not the W/L record. Not sure about this recruit, but going to class and being a genuine student athlete appeals to some kids.

Last edited:
Hopefully, the season Tommy D. has this year will be eye opening for Christian and he will refocus only on the Orange.

Last edited:
He had a great visit here 7 weeks ago. Some of you sound like you already want to jump off a cliff because his recruitment has blown up. Let this play out, there is so much time before he needs to ink with anyone.

If I was him, I'd be visiting as many schools as possible and living it up! For sure, would take all 5 OV's. Very, very few get the chance to be courted like this, and if it were my kid, I'd be telling him to enjoy the ride.

Appreciate the optimism Rocco but, not for nothing, there's really no point for him to go to the Bullis school if he knows where he's going already. That school is not cheap. Taking the OV's is one thing but a transfer like that definitely concerns me.

Appreciate the optimism Rocco but, not for nothing, there's really no point for him to go to the Bullis school if he knows where he's going already. That school is not cheap. Taking the OV's is one thing but a transfer like that definitely concerns me.

I don’t think he knows where he’s going, Bullis School or not. He might have some early favorites, but I think it’s way too premature to take it any further than that.

In any event, long ways to go between now and his signing day. Cuse has an amazing chance to show this kid what Babers’ offense looks like with a similar QB like Tommy. If they have a good year, which I’m fully expecting, I’m guessing we won’t be too far down the list.

I don’t think he knows where he’s going, Bullis School or not. He might have some early favorites, but I think it’s way too premature to take it any further than that.

In any event, long ways to go between now and his signing day. Cuse has an amazing chance to show this kid what Babers’ offense looks like with a similar QB like Tommy. If they have a good year, which I’m fully expecting, I’m guessing we won’t be too far down the list.

As long as we win at least 8 games this year, our recruiting will take a leap next year.

Syracuse is one of 6 BCS schools that averaged more than 40 points a game last season. Something to think about if you are a promising QB and want to play in a scheme that will allow you to show your skills.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom