Class of 2021 - QB Christian Veilleux (Canada/MD) Portal from Penn St to Pitt to ? | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Christian Veilleux (Canada/MD) Portal from Penn St to Pitt to ?

I feel PSU got away and off so friggin lightly so the only way to feel better and get some of these recruits is to play them and hand their A$$ES to Mr. Franklin.

I don't know why people were expecting otherwise, writing's been on the wall for a year.

Also, I'm the furthest thing from a PSU apologist, but it was almost 10 years ago. I don't think a kid that was 8 years old at the time has any recollection of that. We don't have to do that thing every time some kid commits to PSU.
Thank god he didn’t visit when he was 8

I said this a while ago - he didn’t decide to play private school ball in Maryland to go to Syracuse. Had he been intent on coming here, he would have played his final season in Buffalo and/or reclassified to 2020 like our staff wanted. Writing has been on the wall with him for ages.

Thank god he didn’t visit when he was 8
F0919F22-751A-481A-94E5-17E1942F4556.jpeg

I was rewatching the SU/PSU game from 1987 the other day and there was a shot of the PSU ball boys on their sideline. I have to say the first thing that came to my mind was, I wonder if these kids were abused by Sandusky.
The PSU program and fan base deserve some really bad karma to hit them. That $+doesn’t go away.

To me the more disturbing thing than anyone going to Penn State is the parents who very well know what happened and apparently don't care.
I agree. One of the things that seems to be a recruiting tool is their fanbase. I know it isn't all of them, but these are the people that complained about wins in the wake of the news that hundreds of kids were violated by one of their coaches and it was covered up by their head coach and administration. It's not like they even waited for the dust to settle. The wins mattered more than the kids.

I had a conversation with a buddy last week who’s a Penn State grad, grew up and played high school football in State College (he showed me a picture of a recruiting letter from Syracuse! - really fun). We had never talked about it before, but he shared that his family was personal friends with the Sandusky’s. He has ridden to games with the Sandusky family (said Jerry would just drive on the shoulder of the road when traffic backed up, the police would stop him and then when they saw who he was immediately let him continue to the games).

Jerry took him & friends putt-putt golfing, etc. My friend never slept over there, and he just honestly wondered if he was a little bit too old of an age bracket when he got to know the Sandusky’s... which is scary unto itself, like it was too late for him to be properly groomed.

One thing he mentioned that sticks with me is that his parents had a hard time believing that Sandusky was guilty. Not because they were just being obstinate, but because he was a friend, super friendly, involved in the community & caring, & he did a good job of hiding it. It Really makes him a supreme predator to do that so well that even when there is an avalanche of evidence it was disassociated with how people experienced Sandusky. Crazy.

Best wishes to him.
I've stated my feelings towards Franklin and PedState many times, just could never see my kids playing for him or that university.

Reactions: gbo
I don't know why people were expecting otherwise, writing's been on the wall for a year.

Also, I'm the furthest thing from a PSU apologist, but it was almost 10 years ago. I don't think a kid that was 8 years old at the time has any recollection of that. We don't have to do that thing every time some kid commits to PSU.

no but his parents and coaches should remember. It was a systematic coverup of repulsive vile abuse of children. No one should ever forget the lengths they took to cover it up and then sweep it under the rug as no big deal. You’d think differently I’m sure if it was one of your children.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom