Class of 2021 - QB Christian Veilleux (Canada/MD) Portal from Penn St to Pitt to ? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Christian Veilleux (Canada/MD) Portal from Penn St to Pitt to ?

Feature article on Christian's recruitment in the Buffalo News today. No special mention about Syracuse, other than we're one of his 14 offers.

It looks like John Kinder, the QB coach at nearby Southwestern HS, is helping to mentor Christian.

John played a major role in Cole Snyder’s development into a D1 QB (he got a scholarship from Rutgers last year). The head coach at Southwestern is Jehuu Caulkrick, former star RB for Michigan State.

John of course played QB at Syracuse and is an SU grad.

That’s my old HS. Kinder is working with my nephew as well.

Driving distances from his home town of Ottawa:

Syracuse 311 KM (193 miles)
Boston (BC) 688.5 KM
State College (Ped St) 689.8 KM
East Lansing (MSU) 910.3 KM
Morgantown (WVU) 990.7 KM
Blacksburg (VT) 1230.9 KM

Syracuse has by far the best passing offense for a top notch QB (Ped State lost that when their OC escaped to the SEC).

Syracuse is the only school that can guarantee perfect conditions for every home game.

And the ACC is by far the best conference to play in. Why play for a conference where the teams will rarely if ever have a chance to play for an NC? The B1G was good years ago but it just doesn’t have top notch talent, speed or coaching and things are just going to get worse. They are the best in America in scandals but little else.

The B12 has never been good.

Game, set match Syracuse.

Driving distances from his home town of Ottawa:

Syracuse 311 KM (193 miles)
Boston (BC) 688.5 KM
State College (Ped St) 689.8 KM
East Lansing (MSU) 910.3 KM
Morgantown (WVU) 990.7 KM
Blacksburg (VT) 1230.9 KM

Syracuse has by far the best passing offense for a top notch QB (Ped State lost that when their OC escaped to the SEC).

Syracuse is the only school that can guarantee perfect conditions for every home game.

And the ACC is by far the best conference to play in. Why play for a conference where the teams will rarely if ever have a chance to play for an NC? The B1G was good years ago but it just doesn’t have top notch talent, speed or coaching and things are just going to get worse. They are the best in America in scandals but little else.

The B12 has never been good.

Game, set match Syracuse.
Well, let it be done.

If you look at history, Christians do not mix well with lions. He definitely does not belong at that farm.
Yup. And with that baby face, he's be wise to stay far away from the Ped State football facilities.

If they brought in Donnie Mac to show him around, it means they’re dead serious.
If you’ve gone through college tours as I just did w/ my daughter, i will say that some of the ones his parents might like, may not match up w/ his choices. Hence the hesitancy.
Hope he signs up- if HCDFB wants him, he’s worth it!

If they brought in Donnie Mac to show him around, it means they’re dead serious.
If you’ve gone through college tours as I just did w/ my daughter, i will say that some of the ones his parents might like, may not match up w/ his choices. Hence the hesitancy.
Hope he signs up- if HCDFB wants him, he’s worth it!
That would be a recruiting violation.

Reminds me of a young Eric Dungey, 6' 4” 195 with better accuracy. Not hesitant to pull ball out of a fake and run when he sees room. Sees his receivers and field well. Throws with quick release, footwork is good - did not see throws off balance or off back foot, throws off left foot planted at target weight forward with good follow through getting more power on the ball, some of his throws on film were exceptional, hard, on target, good release. Fakes to his RB's are carried out very well with ball hidden until last second. Can throw with touch, (corner of end zone), or go long. Mentors are doing a very good job. Would be a great addition if he commits.

Last edited:
Reminds me of a young Eric Dungey 6' 4” 195 with better accuracy. - Not hesitant to pull ball and run when he sees room. Sees his receivers and field well. Throws with quick release, footwork is good - did not see throws off balance or off back foot, throws off left foot planted at target weight forward with good follow through getting more power on the ball, some of his throws on film were exceptional, hard, on target, good release. Fakes to his RB's are carried out very well with ball hidden until last second. Can throw with touch, (corner of end zone), or go long. Mentors are doing a very good job. Would be a great addition if he commits.
He looks good in what we get to watch, but did I see he had 17TDs and 8Ints?
Not a good ratio. Any concerns?

Ask a better open ended question.
Really? You want to be like that?
OK I will kiss the ring.
Can you elaborate that there should be no concerns with a poor 17/8 ratio in a weak Buffalo league as a Junior.

Yup. And with that baby face, he's be wise to stay far away from the Ped State football facilities.
Why does stuff like this find its way into a thread like this? PSU isn't involved. He's not waiting for an offer from them. He's taking his time because he'd have to reclassify to 2020 and hasn't decided if that's what he wants to do yet.

If he stays 2021, we'd still be recruiting him, along with pretty much every other school in the country. But we're in great shape for 2020.

Why does stuff like this find its way into a thread like this? PSU isn't involved. He's not waiting for an offer from them. He's taking his time because he'd have to reclassify to 2020 and hasn't decided if that's what he wants to do yet.

If he stays 2021, we'd still be recruiting him, along with pretty much every other school in the country. But we're in great shape for 2020.

To clarify: If he reclassifies to 2020, we are in great shape with his recruitment? Or were you also referring to other potential 2020 QB recruits? (I am assuming the former, not the latter). Thank you, as always.

Who was one on our board him or van dyke?

To clarify: If he reclassifies to 2020, we are in great shape with his recruitment? Or were you also referring to other potential 2020 QB recruits? (I am assuming the former, not the latter). Thank you, as always.
If he reclasses to 2020, we are a heavy favorite.

TVD

Seeing as how the first post in this thread (with our offer to him) came April 6, I think that we were all in on Van Dyke, and happened across Veilleux in the middle of that recruitment. When Van Dyke went elsewhere we pivoted hard and have gone all in. Maybe he would have been #1 on our board, but i think that we didn’t find the kids at the same time.

Either way this kids a heck of a get whether we wanted him more than Van Dyke or not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom