Class of 2021 - QB Christian Veilleux (Canada/MD) Portal from Penn St to Pitt to ? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Christian Veilleux (Canada/MD) Portal from Penn St to Pitt to ?

Is he coming to a camp for us? Or does the staff feel he doesn’t need to show for one?

Good or bad?
Bad. My logic goes like this. SU's #1 QB on the board for 2020. Doesn't have to transfer or change HS for us to take him in a second. And he knows that. He's transferring for two main reasons: Improve competition so he just inherently improves his skill but to also be seen by more colleges against that competition to garner more interest. So good for him, Bad for SU.

Last edited:
He still knows we need a replacement for TD when he leaves and he could step in to compete. By then we will have top wrs and rbs and a"D" most will fear and on our way to our 2nd ACC Championship. hello ;) PS: It is my dream and can make it as big as I want!

Wonder how close Garcia is to this kid on our board. Id agree that a switch in HS out of new york is a bad sign.

My expectation is that he'll stay 2021 and we'll have a real battle to get him here then. Luckily we'll have other options in '21 and there's more time for the staff. Hopefully we have another 8-10 win season.

Definitely, another 8-10 win season with some gaudy passing yardage numbers out of TD will go a long way to putting us in good position with some quality QB prospects. We know this staff relates to kids well and can recruit, I'd really like to see what this staff can do with another good season and bowl appearance under their belts.

My expectation is that he'll stay 2021 and we'll have a real battle to get him here then. Luckily we'll have other options in '21 and there's more time for the staff. Hopefully we have another 8-10 win season.
This

Definitely, another 8-10 win season with some gaudy passing yardage numbers out of TD will go a long way to putting us in good position with some quality QB prospects. We know this staff relates to kids well and can recruit, I'd really like to see what this staff can do with another good season and bowl appearance under their belts.
Frustrating that other lower rated teams are just picking and choosing their QBs and SU with a very QB friendly offense who looked great last year can't get a single bite on their line.

Frustrating that other lower rated teams are just picking and choosing their QBs and SU with a very QB friendly offense who looked great last year can't get a single bite on their line.
They also can probably beat out the current starters on those teams. It would be really hard to start right away for most QB’s

I am a bit baffled that with the types of #s QBs and WRs can put up in this offense that we haven't had more really highly rated guys jump on board.

Amen, just saw this tweet

2 straight years of missing out on top targets is really going to hurt down the road.

I completely understand this view point. I am hoping its more a function of a lack of data (one 10 win season, and the QB who led us to that record went undrafted) being the reason. I really think we just need one more 7+ win year to get us in the mix with the kind of QB's we've struggled to real in.

That said, I also like to look at it this way, if we are searching for a starting QB after this year its most likely because TD goes pro. If that happens then that probably means we had a very good year. At that point I think we could definitely sell some high level QB's on this system/program. If TD is back for his Jr. year then that gives us time to develop Summers (who I like for this system) and whomever we pick up this year, and still make some moves for 2021. I understand its very much a glass half full view, but I have faith in the direction of the program for the first time in a very long time and I think the staff will help get this done. JMHO.

They also can probably beat out the current starters on those teams. It would be really hard to start right away for most QB’s
Believe that's wishful thinking. Most guys aren't coming in and starting day 1 in other places. We need another dynamic recruiter, preferably with good recruiting connections.

I completely understand this view point. I am hoping its more a function of a lack of data (one 10 win season, and the QB who led us to that record went undrafted) being the reason. I really think we just need one more 7+ win year to get us in the mix with the kind of QB's we've struggled to real in.

That said, I also like to look at it this way, if we are searching for a starting QB after this year its most likely because TD goes pro. If that happens then that probably means we had a very good year. At that point I think we could definitely sell some high level QB's on this system/program. If TD is back for his Jr. year then that gives us time to develop Summers (who I like for this system) and whomever we pick up this year, and still make some moves for 2021. I understand its very much a glass half full view, but I have faith in the direction of the program for the first time in a very long time and I think the staff will help get this done. JMHO.
If TD goes pro, I also think we become an immediate destination for QB transfers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom