Class of 2021 - QB Daron Bryden (CT) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Daron Bryden (CT)

Appears to have 0 offers that I can tell. Looks like when he was about 12 years old he was considered a prodigy but doesn't seem to have worked out too well offer wise despite the stats.

Dino was praising the size of the QBs we landed, so unless a kid is super talented in a shorter frame I'm not sure we are really interested.

He's 6'2.

247 has him officially at 6'0.5 158lbs and running a 5.21 at the Opening regional in April. If those 1st 2 numbers are legit then there needs to be at least half a second off the 3rd. If the 3rd is legit then those 1st 2 need to be significantly higher. If all 3 are legit then he's not going P5.

And Max/preps has him a 6'2 175.

I don't know if he gets invited back for a Junior Day, or camp or even gets an offer. Some of y'all are over reacting to posts in a recruiting thread.

True...curious how many QB's other schools have.
I'd have to look at rosters but I do recall Clemson having their QBs warming up on the sideline...all 6 of them.

All it takes is one transfer, one injury, one grad and we are on track to be in a bad spot again

True.

Rex graduates.

Tommy could leave early if he had a lights out year.

Summers could transfer if he gets passed by one of the True Freshman and is looking to go someplace where he can play.

One of the true freshmen could switch positions.

And the Walk-ons technically don’t count until they aren’t walk ons.

So a lot can happen in one year.

True...curious how many QB's other schools have.
I looked at some ACC rosters for QBs in 2020
Currently listed...
Clemson 5
VT 4
Miami 6
NC State 5
FSU 5
Wake 4

Last edited:
I looked at some ACC rosters for QBs in 2020
Currently listed...
Clemson 5
VT 4
Miami 6
NC State 5
FSU 5
Wake 4

Thank you for looking that up. I assume that includes walk-ons as well? Still...5 scholarship QB's is a decent amount and gives SU a bit of a kitty in case things change drastically as others have pointed out. 2 more in 2021 would give Babers a soft landing if bedlam happens.

Thank you for looking that up. I assume that includes walk-ons as well? Still...5 scholarship QB's is a decent amount and gives SU a bit of a kitty in case things change drastically as others have pointed out. 2 more in 2021 would give Babers a soft landing if bedlam happens.
I just looked at the current roster page for each school for 2020. And I have no idea what our new QB coach will think of what he has in hand now.

I just looked at the current roster page for each school for 2020. And I have no idea what our new QB coach will think of what he has in hand now.

Well he has TD as a bird in the hand which is a nice luxury and we'll see who they offer from here on regarding HS QB's like Bryden.