Class of 2016 - QB David Moore (GA) Transfers from Memphis to GCCC to CMU | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB David Moore (GA) Transfers from Memphis to GCCC to CMU

I know he is an SMU commit, but I believe one of Morris requirements for accepting his commitment was that he would not visit any other schools. So if we can get him to take a visit, then we will know he is really serious.

Hmmm Brown?
Lester was already scheduled to visit Moore even before Brown decided to go to Va Tech this weekend. It's merely a potential backup plan, nothing more at this point.

ehh I like both Brown, and Smiths better. His arm looks pretty weak.

But his dad played lacrosse at SU!! I like Brown much better, and I defer to your scouting report, good sir. I hope Brown chooses SU and makes this offer moot. No offense to Moore

I would like to hear from the coaches on the board but to me he has much better mechanics and footwork then Brown. Brown drops the ball below his waist on throws over 10 or 15 yards. Moore keeps the ball near his ear on all his throws. Brown appears to be explosive as a runner although Moore can move. I would be happy with either guy.

I think all things equal we would prefer Brown for two reasons, we want to establish footholds in Jersey, and secondly we want to get on the Madei pipeline. He has a few strong QBs coming through over the next few cycles and to get our hands on a few will be huge, especially when he has a legitimate top prospect come through in a few years that everybody wants.

Anyone have a sense on where Brown stands / is likely to stand in terms of academically qualifying?

Anyone have a sense on where Brown stands / is likely to stand in terms of academically qualifying?
Haven't seen any indication he won't qualify. I mean honestly, if Northwestern and, as much as we hate them, BC are going hard after him, he's probably a solid student. Those are two very good academic schools, particularly Northwestern.

Why does everyone automatically lean to the negative? This is highly likely a contingent offer. It also likely puts a little pressure on Anthony Brown.

Why does everyone automatically lean to the negative? This is highly likely a contingent offer. It also likely puts a little pressure on Anthony Brown.
Thank you!

Rankings aren't everything by any means, but Skout has Moore ranked one slot ahead of Brown for QBs nationally. Just an FYI. Unless Va Tech blows him away, I still believe we get Brown, but if that happens, this kid would be a nice replacement. let's just hope we get Brown, then we don't have to worry about flipping this kid. We can then spend the next 8 months worrying about Brown being flipped anytime he Tweets something!

I still hope we land Brown, but Moore looks like a pretty strong fallback option: http://.com/syracuses-qb-recruiting-taking-shape/

Agreed, look at the kids offer list as well, if Brown's back up plans was some NYC kid with offers from Fordham and Buffalo, I could see some negativity. Unreal.

I don't even know what has been said that is negative, and negative towards whom? Am I missing some posts? I always wondered how many people have me blocked?