Class of 2016 - QB David Moore (GA) Transfers from Memphis to GCCC to CMU | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB David Moore (GA) Transfers from Memphis to GCCC to CMU

Any possibility that Moore projects at a different position than QB?

I am extremely surprised after seeing how he was recruiting other prospects to SMU.

jekelish do you remember if his twitter page use to say he was an SMU commit?
I'm not 100% sure, but I'm fairly certain it did. He also used to have an SMU themed profile picture on his Twitter account.

interesting. he was hardcore SMU, tweeting constantly, trying to recruit other kids there. That seems to have quieted down. If he changed his Twitter page, that would be quite interesting. I wonder what happened between him and SMU? something had to change things.

interesting. he was hardcore SMU, tweeting constantly, trying to recruit other kids there. That seems to have quieted down. If he changed his Twitter page, that would be quite interesting. I wonder what happened between him and SMU? something had to change things.
SMU stands for ( Syracuse's MY University)

Really would not be surprised if he flips if he does make it here for a visit. Too much going for us and our staff is great at closing when kids visit.

I love Rex, hope he’ll be fine and we should continue to make him our priority. However, the fact is he did tear his ACL. We have to continue to recruit QB’s. Lester himself lived this. He was headed to the Florida Gators until he blew his knee out. Spurrier bailed on him. I think you have to keep your bases covered, while still making Rex your #1.

An official visit doesn’t mean much of anything in terms of us taking another kid either. I think you can host 50+ official visits. You might as well use them up.

I don't think they give up on Rex though but I can see us taking Moore this year just in case. I doubt the ACL will effect us recruiting him. ACL tear are no longer the career changing injury they were before.

I don't think they give up on Rex though but I can see us taking Moore this year just in case. I doubt the ACL will effect us recruiting him. ACL tear are no longer the career changing injury they were before.

I like Rex, I like his moxie, his love for SU, his competitive spirit, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up somewhere else than QB when all is said and done. And I thought that before his injury.

I hope Rex is the greatest thing since sliced bread and he has been apparently highly regarded by people far more knowledgeable about football than me. All I know of him is his tape. Maybe the tape didn't show everything he brings to the table. To me what I saw was a big guy, kind of lumbering, who completed a bunch of short dump off type passes. I'll probably get crap for this but that's all I saw.

Last edited:
I hope Rex is the greatest thing since sliced bread and he has been apparently highly regarded by people far more knowledgeable about football than me. All I know of him is his tape. Maybe the tape didn't show everything he brings to the table. To me what I saw was a big guy, kind of lumbering, who completed a bunch of short dump off type passes. I'll probably get crap for this but that's all I saw.
So now Rex is crap because Moore is visiting?? OK ... The kid hasn't set foot on campus and some are like "he was never any good anyway." Laughable. Why don't we keep this thread to Moore.

So now Rex is crap because Moore is visiting?? OK ... The kid hasn't set foot on campus and some are like "he was never any good anyway." Laughable. Why don't we keep this thread to Moore.

He didn't say Rex was crap, he said he would get crap for stating what he saw on the video. And, by the looks of it, that's exactly what happened. ;)

Now, that out of the way, I'm liking this development on Moore.

My only real hesitation with Moore is that, like Womack and Long, he's a bit undersized. Listed at 6-2, 170, which means he's probably closer to 6-0, 165 at this point. I do like his film, though. I think he's a potentially better/more natural version of AJ Long at QB (and a superior athlete to AJ).