QB Depth Chart | Syracusefan.com

QB Depth Chart

If DeVito can't go against Liberty, let's audition the new guys: Summers, Markiewitz, Morgan and McPhail. ,

What is it, and how is a QB turned TE turned QB first in line after 5 years of Dino 1.0?

2017, we brought in DeVito.

2018, we brought in Amie. See above (OrangeXtreme post)

2019, we missed our top targets, brought it Summers late after he decommitted from Maryland. He's apparently still on the team, but it seems like the staff is still trying to figure out which arm he throws with. It's a process.

2020, we missed our top targets, brought in the two current true freshmen late.

2021, we apparently have one of our top targets. Maybe he can graduate right now via zoom and enroll tomorrow.

Just checked out Dillon’s highlights on YouTube. Kid looks pretty good.

He's thrown 6 passes at USF this season fwiw.

I just looked him up to see what was going on and saw that. Maybe we're in a worse position than USF right now but at least he'd be guaranteed starting right now

If DeVito can't go against Liberty, let's audition the new guys: Summers, Markiewitz, Morgan and McPhail. ,
Completely agree. Do not think Rex is the answer. I would try all the other qbs until we can find someone the can move the offense consistently. It’s a lost season. We have nothing to loose.
This is what I would like but it won’t happen with Dino. We make all kind of rotations on D but Dino continues to use pretty much the same guys. Tucker only really got a chance because of injury.
We will see next week.

O
What is it, and how is a QB turned TE turned QB first in line after 5 years of Dino 1.0?
This has been BLOWING MY MIND all day. I’m dumbfounded as to how Dino doesn’t have ANY depth at QB or OL in year 5.

Yes Chance Amie leaving hurt, but the the root of the problem is we never had a QB coach worthy of landing a 4 star QB

Dino dazzled DeVito with promises to be the man at the Cuse which hid our lack of an accomplished P5 QB coach.

I think it was Sean Lewis at the time. Sean is a GREAT coach / guy but no real notches on his belt as QB coach.

Next Dino hired a HS coach who married into his family to coach QB’s. Imagine how easy it was to negative recruit us when that’s what we offered.
Sure enough every quality target we had we lost.

gilberts arrival helps as Dino and Gilbert can talk about Super Bowl QB Jimmy G all day. This paid immed dividends with Lamsen.

Today’s the lack of depth traces back to the Kirk Martin hire. it was a terrible decision by Dino

O

This has been BLOWING MY MIND all day. I’m dumbfounded as to how Dino doesn’t have ANY depth at QB or OL in year 5.

Yes Chance Amie leaving hurt, but the the root of the problem is we never had a QB coach worthy of landing a 4 star QB

Dino dazzled DeVito with promises to be the man at the Cuse which hid our lack of an accomplished P5 QB coach.

I think it was Sean Lewis at the time. Sean is a GREAT coach / guy but no real notches on his belt as QB coach.

Next Dino hired a HS coach who married into his family to coach QB’s. Imagine how easy it was to negative recruit us when that’s what we offered.

gilberts arrival helps as Dino and Gilbert can talk about Super Bowl QB Jimmy G all day. This paid immed dividends with Lamsen.

Today’s the lack of depth traces back to the Kirk Martin hire. it was a terrible decision by Dino
We all agree the martin hiring was terrible but atleast we didnt have a miami situation- mark richt hiring his son to coach the QB's, his son sat the bench at clemson played a year at a school I've never heard was a GA at georgia and the lowest level basic "assistant" for the bills, he ruined their QB's and offense and miami only fixed that by getting a transfer QB for this season, time for us to start new all across the board, hit the portal hard sending guys out and bringing a lot in

Unbelievable that despite all the pressure our QBs are under that Gilbert/Dino dont call more screen passes and quick pops to the tight end. Simply inexcusable play calling.

O

Couldn't have been said any better ( KUDOS ) to you BKCuse ;)

I hope it is Dillon, we all love the Rex back story, but with the rules allowing more players to return and possible instant transfer rule passed, we can build on some depth. If Summers and Jacobian are not ready then you have to give Dillon a shot. We cant just sit and hope Lamson rides in and saves the day, not to mention we need the depth and competition, I'm also tired of watching other games and seeing young QB's get used.
I also feel part of our running woes besides the O-line is that opposing defenses have no concern that Devito will run, watching Clemson last night and Lawrence carried out his part of the read option run. I'm sorry that Tommy got hurt, don't like to see that with any player, but time to see what we have.

Unbelievable that despite all the pressure our QBs are under that Gilbert/Dino dont call more screen passes and quick pops to the tight end. Simply inexcusable play calling.
Remember that screen against Pitt...Tommy doesn’t seem to have touch on the pass needed for the play

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom