Class of 2016 - QB De'Vante Cross (PA) Verbal to UVA | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB De'Vante Cross (PA) Verbal to UVA

Well I was impressed by the highlight tape, looks to me to a solid QB recruit playing against some decent competition so if in fact that's where he was offered (and it doesn't hurt our status with Rex) I have no problem with it. Bring in as much talent as you can at that position. I didn't see his height or weight listed anywhere but he didn't look like a small kid so I have no idea where else he may project. Anyone know what position he played on Defense?

http://www.easternpafootball.com/news/100-players-100-days-day-87-devante-cross-parkland/

100 Players in 100 Days – Day 87 – Devante Cross, Parkland

Written by: David Mika on Friday, August 15th, 2014
QUARTERBACK SPOTLIGHT

Player Name: Devante Cross, Parkland

Height: 6-3

Weight: 185

Class of: 2016

Position(s): QB/WR/CB

Jersey Number: 12

Years with Varsity: 2

Other Sports: Basketball

Starting experience: He played a lot last year at quarterback. When he wasn’t playing quarterback we sometimes moved him at wide receiver.

2013 Stats: Devante had 843 yards rushing on 121 attempts for 11 TD’s. He threw for 1055 yards with 11 TD’s and 6 pics , he was 87 for 151.

On defense he had 11 tackles and 15 assists 1 tackle for loss; 1 fumble recovery, and 2 pass break ups.

Coaches Q&A with Jim Morgans:

Q. What are his strengths at quarterback?

A. He has good speed, great vision and he’s explosive. He reads things very well. He’s an excellent runner. We like to roll him out and let him make plays at times.

He has good field vision and sees the whole field. He has a lively arm. He throws the ball accurately, and he doesn’t force passes. He will either eat the football or try and make a play running.

He can throw the ball short and long depending on what the defense gives us.

Q. Final thoughts on Devante?

A. He loves to work at being a quarterback. He works on all phases of the game. He has gone to some college camps this offseason. He will call up the receivers to work with them.

He’s a great kid and good leader.

He is working to get better and faster this year.

Schools of Interest: Maryland, Missouri, Penn State, Rutgers and Syrcuse

not a fan of his arm, would be surprised if it's as a QB. His legs look very Kevin Johnsonesque though. The type of athlete we need, bring him in.

not a fan of his arm, would be surprised if it's as a QB. His legs look very Kevin Johnsonesque though. The type of athlete we need, bring him in.
Despite what's been reported, I have heard that he's more than likely being looked at as a DB, possibly a WR. I don't believe he's being recruited as a QB. He may be brought in as a "QB" but with the thought that he'd be the first person moved to the secondary.

Great size for a safety, and future in the NFL, as long as he likes to hit people.

Despite what's been reported, I have heard that he's more than likely being looked at as a DB, possibly a WR. I don't believe he's being recruited as a QB. He may be brought in as a "QB" but with the thought that he'd be the first person moved to the secondary.

Sounds about right to me.

My opinion is that he was offered as an athlete, not a QB. Don't see the arm strength needed to be successful at the BCS level. That could change over time though. Maybe they bring him in as a QB and move him if he is not up to snuff?

I do see an exceptional athlete. Would be a terrific prospect as a WR. I bet regardless of where he goes, he ends up playing there.

Check out what he does right at the 3 minute mark.

Perhaps a reason that our WR spots are full.
Don't believe they are full, we are just holding out trying to find a top WR like Irvin, who I hear we should feel pretty good about. I want him to visit before I truly believe that, but it's been said he's a pretty big fan of us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom