Class of 2016 - QB Devon Modster (CA) Transferring from UCLA | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Devon Modster (CA) Transferring from UCLA

jekelish

Living Legend
Doubt anything comes of this...but 4-star QB Devon Modster has decommitted from Arizona, and suddenly both Sean Lewis and Nick Monroe are following him on Twitter. He's at least on their radar.

6-2, 215, offers from UCLA, Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, Boise State, Cal, UNLV, Colorado State, Kansas

Here is another one of those fwiw threads. Monroe and Lewis are following him and he is following them back.

Ha! I beat you by about 0.3 seconds. I am the winner!

This kid looks like a freaking stud. Good agility and quick feet, even if he's not the fastest guy in terms of north south speed. But he's got a really strong arm. Pocket passer first, but he can make plays with his feet too.

I would offer this this kid the starting QB. lol He definitely looks like the real deal.

Nick Monroe just started following Modster's HS coach, as well (and vice versa). I'm hoping that's a good sign that progress might be getting made in at least getting a foot in the door.

Nick Monroe just started following Modster's HS coach, as well (and vice versa). I'm hoping that's a good sign that progress might be getting made in at least getting a foot in the door.
Jeke do you have any sort of a timetable on this? Is this one of those things where we won't stop trying until we get a shot? Or if we haven't heard of potentially getting a visit in a week we will give up?

NSD is right around the corner and we can't wait forever to get our hands on kids, we need to lock kids up and quickly.

Jeke do you have any sort of a timetable on this? Is this one of those things where we won't stop trying until we get a shot? Or if we haven't heard of potentially getting a visit in a week we will give up?

NSD is right around the corner and we can't wait forever to get our hands on kids, we need to lock kids up and quickly.
This morning is literally the first I've heard about this kid, so no timetable yet. It feels like they're making good progress, though. Heard from someone earlier that they're trying to arrange a visit, we'll see if he actually decides to take one.

This morning is literally the first I've heard about this kid, so no timetable yet. It feels like they're making good progress, though. Heard from someone earlier that they're trying to arrange a visit, we'll see if he actually decides to take one.
I like late great pick ups. Like Dungey

I hope you don't mind me continuing to ask questions you don't have answers to...

But let's go out on a huge limb, Lewis and Babers convince Modster to visit, he falls in love with the place and becomes a DomeDude, what does that do for our other two QBs in this class, Rex (who would probably already be on campus at the time Modster would visit an potentially commit) and Lindsey Scott.

Sounds like Scott has been reaffirmed and is all in, with his athletic ability I'd hate to see him walk, since if he doesn't work out as a QB he will be a kick ass athlete at another role, of that I'm certain.

Would both stay on board if Modster (or another highLay rated QB for that matter) joins the class?

I hope you don't mind me continuing to ask questions you don't have answers to...

But let's go out on a huge limb, Lewis and Babers convince Modster to visit, he falls in love with the place and becomes a DomeDude, what does that do for our other two QBs in this class, Rex (who would probably already be on campus at the time Modster would visit an potentially commit) and Lindsey Scott.

Sounds like Scott has been reaffirmed and is all in, with his athletic ability I'd hate to see him walk, since if he doesn't work out as a QB he will be a kick ass athlete at another role, of that I'm certain.

Would both stay on board if Modster (or another highLay rated QB for that matter) joins the class?
I would be willing to bet both will be kept regardless of what happens with Modster or anyone else. They have to recognize how thin we are at QB right now, with Dungey's health a question mark, Mahoney being a walk-on, and Wilson transfer candidate. Any of the three freshmen could - and probably will - rise to #2 on the depth chart, I would think.

Both Rex and Scott have to have great confidence. Rex is all in at this point he isnt going anyplace. Scott was just named the player of the year in one of the best football states. My guess is that they both say bring it on.

I would be willing to bet both will be kept regardless of what happens with Modster or anyone else. They have to recognize how thin we are at QB right now, with Dungey's health a question mark, Mahoney being a walk-on, and Wilson transfer candidate. Any of the three freshmen could - and probably will - rise to #2 on the depth chart, I would think.
I meant more from the players perspective. From ours, it makes perfect sense to keep all 3 and let them fight it out from day 1.

I'd like to think all 3 are highly competitive and willing to fight it out with each other and if they don't win be an excellent backup for their careers. However, I know that not every kid sees things the same way.

I meant more from the players perspective. From ours, it makes perfect sense to keep all 3 and let them fight it out from day 1.

I'd like to think all 3 are highly competitive and willing to fight it out with each other and if they don't win be an excellent backup for their careers. However, I know that not every kid sees things the same way.

I know but I'm saying, I think the players probably recognize how short a trip it is from the bench to the field given the depth chart. Playing time is potentially there for whoever rises to the top, and I'm assuming they're all competitive enough to be willing to fight for it.

Dino has a great reputation as far as QBs are concerned. No way this kid even thinks of looking at us if the old staff were here. No offense to Shafer/Lester intended.

Sounds like we'll have to beat out U$C though... but this would be awesome.

Sounds like we'll have to beat out U$C though... but this would be awesome.
I don't think they'll be the biggest threat from what I've been told. Apparently Mike Gundy wants him bad.

So we are his first offer since recommitting from Arizona yesterday (according to his twitter feed)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom