Class of 2016 - QB Devon Modster (CA) Transferring from UCLA | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Devon Modster (CA) Transferring from UCLA

So we are his first offer since recommitting from Arizona yesterday (according to his twitter feed)
Yes, though he did add an Okie State offer on 12/23 apparently.

Yes, though he did add an Okie State offer on 12/23 apparently.

Oh this doesn't make us a frontrunner, but it certainly means we think we are in the game.

Oh this doesn't make us a frontrunner, but it certainly means we think we are in the game.
I think we are, too. Mike Lynch just started following him as well. This is all happening pretty rapidly but I like the pace at which things are progressing. That can't be a bad thing...we've gone from him decommitting, to one coach following him, to two coaches following him, to him following both of those coaches back, to a coach following his HS coach, to the HS coach following that coach back, to another coach following Modster, to an offer, all in the span of about 36 hours.

I think we are, too. Mike Lynch just started following him as well. This is all happening pretty rapidly but I like the pace at which things are progressing. That can't be a bad thing...we've gone from him decommitting, to one coach following him, to two coaches following him, to him following both of those coaches back, to a coach following his HS coach, to the HS coach following that coach back, to another coach following Modster, to an offer, all in the span of about 36 hours.

I just have to laugh at this. What you are saying is absolutely right and all logical, in today's world. But we are making huge assumptions based on some twitter activity, which is so incredibly illogical its hilarious. Heck 5 years ago nobody in their right mind would have believed this is how fans would get more insight and ability to understand the recruiting world.

Oh these times they are a changing. But thankfully we have guys like Sean Lewis who have some crazy impressive twitter game on our side...

Hopefully OCLew coaches as strong as his twitter game

Libero2 said:
I just have to laugh at this. What you are saying is absolutely right and all logical, in today's world. But we are making huge assumptions based on some twitter activity, which is so incredibly illogical its hilarious. Heck 5 years ago nobody in their right mind would have believed this is how fans would get more insight and ability to understand the recruiting world. Oh these times they are a changing. But thankfully we have guys like Sean Lewis who have some crazy impressive twitter game on our side... Hopefully OCLew coaches as strong as his twitter game

Where have you been? This is how all recruitments are found out about. It's not illogical at all. In the past it was private phone calls. The contact is more public now. What would be illogical is choosing to ignore it when the info is right there.

OCLew is way, way more proven than Lester, Mcit, Spence, Hackett... And he has a strong Twitter game to boot. That's not a demerit.

I'm getting a headache trying to follow all the following.

Is following like stalking, but electronically?
Seriously though, are following and not following, etc., all done with permission only.
Just not sure how it works?

I don't think they'll be the biggest threat from what I've been told. Apparently Mike Gundy wants him bad.
Interesting. Well either way hope we win this one.

Capt. Tuttle said:
Is following like stalking, but electronically? Seriously though, are following and not following, etc., all done with permission only. Just not sure how it works?

Anybody can follow anybody. But choosing to follow someone adds their tweets to your running timeline.

It used to be that you needed to both be following each other to have a private discussion - but I think that changed.

If nothing else, it gets our name out there as being involved with 4 (and dare I say it - 5????) star talent. Once that becomes a non-eye popping event, we can get involved with more, and maybe even land some. At least, that's the way I am looking at it.

Anybody can follow anybody. But choosing to follow someone adds their tweets to your running timeline.

It used to be that you needed to both be following each other to have a private discussion - but I think that changed.
Well, that's mostly true. Some people put their accounts to private and have to approve who follows them, and DMing depends on the person. You can set it to either accept DMs only from people you follow/who follow you, or you can leave it open to accept DMs from anyone. Most people let anyone follow them, though. Most people also only allow DMs from people they follow/follow them.

I'm getting a headache trying to follow all the following.

I strongly considered getting out my abacus and slide rule to enter calculations into Lotus 123 to keep track of all the following.

We're in on a 4 star QB late. I've got a feeling if we come out hot next season we're going to snag a 4 star QB early.

It will be amazing what the allure of playing a fast paced, passing offense in the Dome will do for recruiting on the offensive side of the ball.

Well, that's mostly true. Some people put their accounts to private and have to approve who follows them, and DMing depends on the person. You can set it to either accept DMs only from people you follow/who follow you, or you can leave it open to accept DMs from anyone. Most people let anyone follow them, though. Most people also only allow DMs from people they follow/follow them.

i'm glad they're following everybody but lets see some scheduled official visits.

i'm glad they're following everybody but lets see some scheduled official visits.
Whoa! Whoa! Geez Phat, it's not enough that they're sliding in to each other's DMs?

I mean times have changed but let's not put the cart before the horse here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom