Class of 2015 - QB Eric Dungey (OR) Signed LOI | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 QB Eric Dungey (OR) Signed LOI

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I thought, but ESPN doesn't show it on his recruiting profile so I wasn't sure. 2 4 7 doesn't show it either, FWIW.

Mike M. reported it, it was a late offer after we offered. Byrne got one of those too from Indiana.

He definitely wasn't at the top of their pecking order though, so it's still a valid point.

It's very perplexing. I'm trying to find a reason he slipped past Oregon State, Washington, and Washington State. Hell, maybe even Boise State. I really believe we got an absolute steal. Size? Check. Smarts? Check. Athleticism? Check. Skills? Check. What am I missing here?

The new A.D. and Dungey were a package deal and Boise St. sniffed it out ahead of time;)

it looks like that first throw from jek's article could've been a pick...

I'm my opinion, smarts (decision making) is what really separates the great ones. I always love to see Ivy's on an offer sheet.

Agreed 100%. See Nassib, Ryan. No way he's now making half a buck a year playing Football with a seemingly long career ahead of him if he wasn't off the charts in the "smarts" category.

it looks like that first throw from jek's article could've been a pick...
No, I just blew up the video and slowly scrolled through it. The ball was caught before the defender ever dove at the receiver. It was delivered accurately, the defender just came flying in late. It was a good, on target throw.

This is the moment the ball reaches the receiver. You can see the defender is clearly not in position to make a pick (the receiver is directly behind whoever that is in the green jersey in the foreground):

Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 2.40.58 PM.png

IMHO Dungey outplayed Wilson today. Great release and grasp of offense. I don't think Wilson did badly but I see Wilson as a solid #2 while Dungey looks like a fairly high level starter.

BTW, solid 15 knot (slight) quartering tailwind wind today.

Norton made an impressive 52 yard FG (with said tailwind)

Last edited:

This is what I was hoping for out of training camp:

1) Hunt
2) Dungey (RS but plays if needed)
3) Wilson
4) Long (RS)

That tells me that Dungey is in line to be #1 next year which is great. Throw in Culpepper and perhaps a QB to be named and we've got some solid talent at the position. Plus it gives AJ flexibility to move to DB if that's the long term plan.

I'm not sure what to root for:

A. Wilson or Long as the 2nd string QB so Dungey still has four seasons to play, or;

B. Dungey gets some reps this season so he slides into the starting role next season with some real game experience.
No, I just blew up the video and slowly scrolled through it. The ball was caught before the defender ever dove at the receiver. It was delivered accurately, the defender just came flying in late. It was a good, on target throw.

This is the moment the ball reaches the receiver. You can see the defender is clearly not in position to make a pick (the receiver is directly behind whoever that is in the green jersey in the foreground):

View attachment 49435
Who is behind the grassy knoll?

This makes Moore's visit more interesting.

View attachment 49435
Here's a better picture of the catch - definitely not close to an interception based on this angle:

Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 3.57.33 PM.png

View attachment 49435

finally, the proof i needed that big foot does indeed exist!

just kidding. ill take your word for it. really excited for dungey as well.

Cindy is a great lady, you can tell the Dungey family are quality people. The fact that she is absolutely gorgeous does not influence my opinion in any way...

So, recruitniks, thoughts on his first game?

If you want to have discussions on current players please start a thread on the football forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.