Class of 2017 - QB Hendon Hooker (NC) Transferred from Va Tech to Tennessee | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 QB Hendon Hooker (NC) Transferred from Va Tech to Tennessee

It will be interesting to see it the new staff continues to recruit him or NC.

I am a little surprised our staff hasn't "re-offered" him. Especially as they offered a player at Grimsley yesterday, Faison-Walden, another Greensboro program.

Maybe today if they are in the area. It would be a shame not to stay on this kid. SU has been on him for a long time. He was high on us at one time and I hope he still is. This kid has all the tools. If we got Coan, or Hill it wouldn't bother as much, but we all know that isn't a given.

the only shame will be not getting a kid the new staff targets and puts a lot effort into.

Maybe today if they are in the area. It would be a shame not to stay on this kid. SU has been on him for a long time. He was high on us at one time and I hope he still is. This kid has all the tools. If we got Coan, or Hill it wouldn't bother as much, but we all know that isn't a given.
Why is it a shame? We're not looking for dual threat QBs. We need kids that can throw the ball and throw it well. Not a kid that might be able to throw well after a few seasons of tucking and running every play.

Why is it a shame? We're not looking for dual threat QBs. We need kids that can throw the ball and throw it well. Not a kid that might be able to throw well after a few seasons of tucking and running every play.

I'd say he passes fairly well...
As a junior, Hooker completed 127-of-198 passes for 2,234 yards and 17 touchdowns and rushed 122 times for 1,217 yards and 15 more scores.

I'd say he passes fairly well...
As a junior, Hooker completed 127-of-198 passes for 2,234 yards and 17 touchdowns and rushed 122 times for 1,217 yards and 15 more scores.
That was one of my points . I have watch this kids film a couple of times and my opinion ( just mine) lol, he throws as well as many of the qbs we are looking at plus has the ability to get out of trouble if the pocket starts to collapse. But overall he throws a nice ball and has a strong arm. Just saying

Why? We weren't recruiting him after Shafer left.

Hill/Coan/Devito are all better prospects for our offense.

Not so much Coan anymore...

Into the portal he goes. VT could run into some QB depth issues coming up.

Into the portal he goes. VT could run into some QB depth issues coming up.

And out of the portal he goes. I guess the portal wasn't as warm and inviting a place with lots of opportunities as he expected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom