Class of 2022 - QB Jayden deLaura (HI) transferring from Washington State | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 QB Jayden deLaura (HI) transferring from Washington State

You don't know unless you try

Anae may know some of his people.

Who knows
There are over 1000 players in the portal. Speculation should at least be informed speculation. If, for example, UVa had offered this guy, then there would at least be some scintilla of possibility. There isn't, however, so this thread is a waste of time. Except...

There is a QB who just hit the portal who HAD an SU offer and a bunch of big-time offers, yet no one has mentioned him. This guy:

There are over 1000 players in the portal. Speculation should at least be informed speculation. If, for example, UVa had offered this guy, then there would at least be some scintilla of possibility. There isn't, however, so this thread is a waste of time. Except...

There is a QB who just hit the portal who HAD an SU offer and a bunch of big-time offers, yet no one has mentioned him. This guy:

CL was a little busy today.

He had a range of offers.

It’s just the way it is.

Neither of our current incoming portal transfers were offered by Syracuse out of high school.

We offered very late in process and he had zero interest (Hornsby)

Recruited by Kirk Martin so so long ago (Hornsby)

You don't know unless you try

Anae may know some of his people.

Who knows

My little brain immediately thought of Dino and Hawaii (I see Kalen Ellis playing on Sundays, all things equal/healthy) and the Anae/Beck/BYU/west coast possible connectors. It’s why I clicked.

Not the most far fetched speculative post on this board….

My little brain immediately thought of Dino and Hawaii (I see Kalen Ellis playing on Sundays, all things equal/healthy) and the Anae/Beck/BYU/west coast possible connectors. It’s why I clicked.

Not the most far fetched speculative post on this board….
What's worse, speculation on promising players entering the portal at positions of need or the board littered with threads about every player that Syracuse previously offered out of high school, irrespective of whether we have interest/need/room for them coming out of the portal?

I don't have a problem with any of it because it's all speculation as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Yes. I was on the road for five hours yesterday. I come back to Coach Monroe starting his annual offer Florida early campaign. Then I posted Villari. Oh the ungrateful masses.;)

1641650359117.jpeg

We didn't recruit him, he's from Hawaii.

The PAC-12 Offensive Freshman of the Year is leaving the west coast to come to 'Cuse? No chance.
From the Palouse to the Cuse! Why not?

Yes and so are 3 of our coaches and numerous of our players!

The story of why he's transferring is interesting. Wash. State's HC got fired for refusing to get vaccinated.
Jake Dickert, who had been the defensive coordinator, replaced him, finished the season strong, and got the full-time gig. So far, so good.

Dickert then hired a new OC with a new system:

"The Cougars are moving away from Rolovich’s run-and-shoot offense — a form of which de Laura operated during his high-school years at Saint Louis High — and replacing the system with a version of former WSU coach Mike Leach’s Air Raid.

WSU hired Eric Morris last month to take over as its offensive coordinator. Morris had been the head coach at FCS Incarnate Word over the past four seasons."

And he may well be bringing his record-setting QB with him:

"The Cougs appear to be in the running for transfer quarterback Cameron Ward, Morris’ QB at Incarnate Word. Shortly after WSU’s 24-21 loss to Central Michigan at the Sun Bowl, Ward tweeted out that WSU had offered him a scholarship."

Perhaps deLaura would have left anyway but, if I had been elevated to HC, I would have built my offense around the PAC-12's Freshman of the Year.

Report: WSU quarterback Jayden de Laura enters transfer portal

There actually is another QB in the portal that Jason Beck is following...Chubba Purdy. His brother Brock visited SU but was never offered.

There actually is another QB in the portal that Jason Beck is following...Chubba Purdy. His brother Brock visited SU but was never offered.
Chubba is a dual threat QB ideally suited to the Anae/Beck offensive scheme.

Chubba visited Pitt while Whipple was still there, then visited Nebraska shortly after Whipple moved to that program. To my knowledge, he has not visited any other programs. But given that Pitt landed Slovis and Nebraska just landed Texas QB Casey Thompson, I think Chubba is still looking for a home.

Last edited:
Chubba is a dual threat QB ideally suited to the Anae/Beck offensive scheme.

Chubba visited Pitt while Whipple was still there, then visited Nebraska shortly after Whipple moved to that program. To my knowledge, he has not visited any other programs. But given that Pitt landed Slovis and Nebraska just landed Texas QB Casey Thompson, I think Chubba is still looking for a home.

Looks like Oklahoma offered Purdy today and he’s scheduled a visit there.

Looks like Oklahoma offered Purdy today and he’s scheduled a visit there.
I was resigned to losing Purdy to the Sooners when I saw this but I think we need to keep in mind that while Oklahoma lost a couple of terrific QBs to the portal, they also added one.

Dillon Gabriel has a strong history with new Oklahoma OC Jeff Lebby and it looks like he is going to be a lock to start for the Sooners.

If Bubba wants to play right away, he might want to look elsewhere.

But maybe he likes the thought of living in a dustbowl and going to a sub par academic institution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom