Class of 2018 - QB Joe Milton (FL) Verbal to Michigan | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB Joe Milton (FL) Verbal to Michigan

Offers include Iowa St, Akron, FAU, S. Carolina, USF, Syracuse

We are going to have to be on our A game really now recruiting in Florida with the two new coaches change with Charlie Strong a@ USF and Lane Kiffin @FAU.

Don't see a need, with Shrader in the fold.

A grad transfer with 3 (!) years of eligibility. Sounds like he'll be looking for schools with great PhD programs.

Right now, after that last few years, I would take as many qualified QB’s and Lineman as possible.

Understand your point, but if we have 3 more open spots -- not sure that a QB should be the priority.
  • DeVito is a returning starter
  • Shrader was a starter as a true frosh at Miss St, and played against LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, etc.
  • Morgan was a spot starter last year
  • Lamson was a terrific dual threat prospect
  • Markeiwicz has tools, and won a state championship in Texas

That's a far cry from having a scholarship QB backed up by a walk on [no disrespect to Mahoney or Welch].

And I expect a fierce competition between DeVito / Shrader / Morgan to see who starts. And whoever starts will have a short leash if they don't produce, and will be in danger of being swiftly replaced. Also, an injury won't talk our QB depth as it has in the past.

Given the opportunity to use one of our limited scholies to land a QB to add to what has shaped up as a full scholarship room, I'd much rather add a grad transfer / JUCO NT, DB, or WR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom