Class of 2024 - QB John White (MS) Southern Miss Commit / Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB John White (MS) Southern Miss Commit / Offered

Highlights look like Troy Nunes with a better arm.

Offers from Southern Miss, Liberty, FAU, Alabama A&M, Toledo, Tulane, ODU, WVU, Arkansas St

Highlights look like Troy Nunes with a better arm.
I think he is already stronger, faster and more athletic. But yes, he can run around the pocket trying to buy time like Troy did too.

Little concerned so many of his passes are highly lofted touch passes. Saw him throw into double and triple coverage a number of times. He is pretty reckless but really agile and it looks like he is really good at finding players open on broken plays.

There are some throws he makes in tight places where he zings in it with proper dispatch.

I really like him being willing to stand in the pocket until the WR makes his break and make his pass at the last instant before getting crushed in the face. That is one of the differentiators to me between okay QBs and good ones.

No doubt he will be good making broken plays work. His size could be a problem against big DL.

But I would rather have a really athletic QB who is a true play maker than a big not so athletic kid who is great when he has time and a player open but not so good when his primary is covered or someone breaks through the OL early. At Syracuse, the play maker types are the ones who have the best chance for success.

Last edited:
Pretty interesting that a local kid commits to Southern Miss, then decides to come North for an OV.

Pretty interesting that a local kid commits to Southern Miss, then decides to come North for an OV.
Southern Miss was his first offer in June 2021. He committed to them in the summer of 2022. Many of his other offers have come this year.

I really like this kid and his arm. I wouldn't worry about his size. Bryce Young was shorter than this kid. He is pretty accurate on all his throws. Same feeling I has the first time I saw J. Lamson. Go get him coach.

Last edited:
Its been shown in these new style of offenses that if you can move a little and throw on time the windows are much bigger to throw into than 10-20 yrs ago.

OFFERED> JOHN WHITE 2024 MADISON RIDGELAND ACADEMY, MADISON, MS
# 1 6'1" 190 QB //// Finished 2021 Sophomore Season at Madison Ridgeland Academy as the Mississippi MAIS 6A State Champions, John threw for 3,935 yards and 39 TD’s. He completed 243 of 358 passes (68%). John was named MAIS All-State QB and 6A Offensive Player of the Year. Named to MAIS All-Gridiron Team. Started at Varsity QB as an 8th and 9th grader at Winona Christian School, throwing for 4525 yds and 49 TD’s, rushing for 10 TD’s. First team All-Conference QB 2019 & 2020. Transferred to Madison Ridgeland Academy January 2021.
10116982_11a5dc8ddfcc438d9343d519792e9462.jpg

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

FAST/EST 4.4 HIGH
AGILE
VERY ELUSIVE, (THE MOST DIFFICULT TO TACKLE QB I HAVE EVALUATED THIS YEAR - IT'S LIKE HE'S IN THE MIDDLE PLAYING DODGE BALL AND NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO YOU CANNOT HIT HIM)
PATIENT IN THE POCKET DOES NOT GET RATTLED BY PRESSURE WHILE RECEIVERS GET OPEN OR GOING THROUGH HIS PROGRESSIONS
GREAT FOOTWORK
EXCELLENT JUKES/MOVES
BIG ARM - IN THE FILM, WHILE RUNNING TO HIS RIGHT, THREW THE BALL 50 YDS FOR A TD WITH THE FLICK OF HIS WRIST

ACCURATE!
THROWS BALLS APPROPRIATE TO SITUATION - LONG HIGH ARCING SPIRALS/FROZEN ROPES/
FINESSE WHEN CALLED FOR

I DISAGREE WITH TOMCAT HERE. I THINK JOHN IS BETTER COMPARED TO FRAN TARKENTON, FOR THOSE WHO REMEMBER. OR BRYCE YOUNG THAN A TROY NUNES COMPARISON
THROWS BALLS WELL WHILE SCRAMBLING

EXCELLENT OFFER

Elite11

May 7

1f947.svg
’24 - John White - 24 pts.

Last edited:
OFFERED> JOHN WHITE 2024 MADISON RIDGELAND ACADEMY, MADISON, MS
# 1 6'1" 190 QB //// Finished 2021 Sophomore Season at Madison Ridgeland Academy as the Mississippi MAIS 6A State Champions, John threw for 3,935 yards and 39 TD’s. He completed 243 of 358 passes (68%). John was named MAIS All-State QB and 6A Offensive Player of the Year. Named to MAIS All-Gridiron Team. Started at Varsity QB as an 8th and 9th grader at Winona Christian School, throwing for 4525 yds and 49 TD’s, rushing for 10 TD’s. First team All-Conference QB 2019 & 2020. Transferred to Madison Ridgeland Academy January 2021.

10116982_11a5dc8ddfcc438d9343d519792e9462.jpg

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

FAST/EST 4.4 HIGH
AGILE
VERY ELUSIVE, (THE MOST DIFFICULT TO TACKLE QB I HAVE EVALUATED THIS YEAR - IT'S LIKE HE'S IN THE MIDDLE PLAYING DODGE BALL AND NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO YOU CANNOT HIT HIM)
PATIENT IN THE POCKET DOES NOT GET RATTLED BY PRESSURE WHILE RECEIVERS GET OPEN OR GOING THROUGH HIS PROGRESSIONS
GREAT FOOTWORK
EXCELLENT JUKES/MOVES
BIG ARM - IN THE FILM, WHILE RUNNING TO HIS RIGHT, THREW THE BALL 50 YDS FOR A TD WITH THE FLICK OF HIS WRIST

ACCURATE!
THROWS BALLS APPROPRIATE TO SITUATION - LONG HIGH ARCING SPIRALS/FROZEN ROPES/
FINESSE WHEN CALLED FOR

I DISAGREE WITH TOMCAT HERE. I THINK JOHN IS BETTER COMPARED TO FRAN TARKENTON, FOR THOSE WHO REMEMBER. OR BRYCE YOUNG THAN A TROY NUNES COMPARISON
THROWS BALLS WELL WHILE SCRAMBLING

EXCELLENT OFFER

Elite11

May 7

1f947.svg
’24 - John White - 24 pts.
Good writeup. For the record, I didn’t compare him to Nunes. Disagreed with someone who did…..

It will be wonderful, now that he's offered, if John changes his committment this weekend to SU!
Let’s hope! He is supposed to visit Cincy next week, let’s make that not happen!