Class of 2018 - QB Justin Fields (GA) Transferring From Georgia to Ohio St | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB Justin Fields (GA) Transferring From Georgia to Ohio St

Offers from Arizona, ASU, Duke, Ga Tech, Harvard, Indiana, Iowa St, Louisville, Misissippi, Misouri, Navy, NC State, UNC, Nebraska, Northwestern, PSU, South Carolina, TCU, Tennesee, Vandy, Virginia, Va Tech, Wake, WVU, Yale

Yikes! Thats one helluva offer list! But, why not with the numbers qbs can post in the cuse system.

Isn't this the third year in a row that they have got a super-blue-chip QB?

Yes. Back to back to back 5 star QB's. Wouldn't shock me if Eason headed back out west after the season with Fields on board and Fromm doing a solid job in his place.

Yes. Back to back to back 5 star QB's. Wouldn't shock me if Eason headed back out west after the season with Fields on board and Fromm doing a solid job in his place.
I'll never understand why talent at QB piles up like that. Not enough PT to go around.

Was Georgia sniffing around any SU offers at QB? This could be very good news.

I'll never understand why talent at QB piles up like that. Not enough PT to go around.

You won't be complaining when SU starts to do this as well.

Georgia kind of backed into it. Eason was committed to Richt and Bobo and their pro style offense for a few years. When Bobo left for CSU and Richt was fired, Kirby Smart was able to keep Eason committed to Georgia because the QB cupboard was bare and they were going to continue running the pro style offense that Eason wanted.

Fromm is a Georgia kid and had always wanted to go to Georgia, but Richt never offered, so he committed to Alabama. When Smart got the Georgia job he immediately offered Fromm and he flipped to Georgia. He's one of those kids that had a dream school and was going there no matter who was ahead of him on the depth chart.

Fields brings another dimension to the position with his legs that Georgia hasn't had in a number of years. And I think they're trying to go more dual threat QB as well, which Eason and Fromm are not.

Smart has shown he's not afraid to play freshman and Fields knows it'll be an open competition when he gets there. I think Fromm sticks it out no matter what. As I said earlier though, I could see Eason jumping ship if he doesn't get the job back.

Was Georgia sniffing around any SU offers at QB? This could be very good news.

The Krajewski (sp?) kid was being mentioned as a plan B if Fields went somewhere else. Also another QB from NC that's committed to ECU. Can't remember his name, but I read that Georgia and Cuse were still keeping in touch with him despite the ECU commitment.

You won't be complaining when SU starts to do this as well.
I do not believe that it will happen at Syracuse, no matter how good we become. Which is fine, as long as we can keep pulling in the Devitos of the world.

But note that no one has jumped on board yet for this year's class.

I do not believe that it will happen at Syracuse, no matter how good we become. Which is fine, as long as we can keep pulling in the Devitos of the world.

But note that no one has jumped on board yet for this year's class.

Well I hope you're wrong javadoc regarding your first paragraph. There has to be solid depth at that position especially with all the passes thrown. SU was lucky to not have McNabb or Graves hurt.

Well I hope you're wrong javadoc regarding your first paragraph. There has to be solid depth at that position especially with all the passes thrown. SU was lucky to not have McNabb or Graves hurt.
I think we'll get solid players who will thrive in the Babers O. "4-star guys", high-3, regional and some national recruits. But not the top-of-the-game blue chips, the guys that everyone in the country has offered. I think we'll get WR's from that group, but not QB's.

And the way the defense is looking up, wouldn't be surprised to see some talent pile up there, especially if the system is very similar to what is played in the NFL.

Not surprised, no way he was going to beat out Fromm. That is two top rated QBS to transfer out of UGA recently since they couldn't pass Fromm on the depth chart. Eason transferred to Washington and will probably start next year.

Fromm only has one more year and will be a top 5 pick leaving early. Fields going to have to sit out anyways when he transfers, doesn’t make sense unless he drops down a level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom