Class of 2021 - QB Justin Lamson (CA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Justin Lamson (CA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

Once Tommy graduates, I think it’s going to be a pretty good QB battle between Lamson and Markiewicz.

QB room in a couple years is going to be VERY solid.

Sterling leading the group

Senior- Devito
Redshirt Sophmore- Summers
Redshirt Freshman- Markiewicz
Redshirt Freshman- Morgan
True Freshman- Lamson
When it comes to QBs...whoever the film room junkie is usually becomes the starter.

We got to chat with Justin for about 40 minutes on the podcast (broke it in to two parts). He was really great. Here's a little preview of part 2 below. Funny moment where he talks about how Dino & Gilbert sold him on coming to SU.

From Lamson's Coach:
Said Cavaliere: “If he’s healthy and can show all the tools in his tool shed, who knows what the limit is for his offers and opportunities.”

I'm not suggesting anything, other than I found that to be an "interesting" comment to put out there. Especially, his use of "opportunities."

From Lamson's Coach:
Said Cavaliere: “If he’s healthy and can show all the tools in his tool shed, who knows what the limit is for his offers and opportunities.”

I'm not suggesting anything, other than I found that to be an "interesting" comment to put out there. Especially, his use of "opportunities."
I can’t access the article. What was the question the coach was responding to? Alluding to an unknown limit of offers and opportunities, certainly feels like a strange thing to put out but maybe the question teed up that framing.

I can’t access the article. What was the question the coach was responding to? Alluding to an unknown limit of offers and opportunities, certainly feels like a strange thing to put out but maybe the question teed up that framing.
"If there is football to be played this fall, Lamson plans to be ready to show everyone what he can do with a bolstered frame at full health.

"If there is football to be played this fall, Lamson plans to be ready to show everyone what he can do with a bolstered frame at full health.
Thank you

From Lamson's Coach:

I was a little alarmed by it, too.

Lamson will get the redshirt year I think Dungey needed. Let's hope Cuse finds that hidden gem a second time.

Maybe, but Dungey was as ready to play as you need his true freshman year. He wasn't as bulky as desired, but kid already had some good size to him. And was 100% better than T Hunt.

Generally, I do agree though. QB's shouldn't start as true frosh. Situational circumstances aside.

Maybe, but Dungey was as ready to play as you need his true freshman year. He wasn't as bulky as desired, but kid already had some good size to him. And was 100% better than T Hunt.

Generally, I do agree though. QB's shouldn't start as true frosh. Situational circumstances aside.
100% better than Hunt? I disagree. As much as I like Dungey I can't say he was better than a senior Hunt. We dont know how good he could have been.

100% better than Hunt? I disagree. As much as I like Dungey I can't say he was better than a senior Hunt. We dont know how good he could have been.
For another thread, but I wonder how Hunt and Nassib would’ve benefitted from Dino’s offense

Agree to disagree. We got a good look at him the season before he got hurt. He *could* have been better his senior year before he got hurt, but I'll take Dungey any day of the week over Hunt.

Lamson, Lamson, Lamson.

Same thing goes for a Hunt/Dungey as a DeVito/Dungey debate...take it to the football forum or find your posts relegated to the internet ether.

I was a little alarmed by it, too.

Hmmm. I mean is there really going to be a prime opening as a frosh at a P5 school? It is alarming for sure then again I'm also ok with him getting a dozen elite offers to say thank you but I'm going to SU. I mean his tape screams High Level P5 QB. We regressed last season and need to prove the turnaround is still real. Sharks are going to shark.

Lamson, Lamson, Lamson.

Same thing goes for a Hunt/Dungey as a DeVito/Dungey debate...take it to the football forum or find your posts relegated to the internet ether.

1594826341687.png