Class of 2021 - QB Justin Lamson (CA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Justin Lamson (CA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

Trying to temper expectations with Lamson, but it's not easy. I've always said that dual threat QBs are best suited for this system and this kid seems to check quite a few of those boxes. Still premature, but helluva find and land for the staff.

Trying to temper expectations with Lamson, but it's not easy. I've always said that dual threat QBs are best suited for this system and this kid seems to check quite a few of those boxes. Still premature, but helluva find and land for the staff.

To the “dual threat QB’s are best suited to this system” thoughts
- please allow me to retort.

I’ll see your Dungey, and raise you a Fat Pirate. ;)

The MACtion Offensive POY.

As a senior in the 2015 season, he completed 383 passes of 569 passes for 4,946 yards with 46 touchdowns and eight interceptions.

To the “dual threat QB’s are best suited to this system” thoughts
- please allow me to retort.

I’ll see your Dungey, and raise you a Fat Pirate. ;)

The MACtion Offensive POY.
After last year and with Dungey’s success the prior year it seems like they are trying to hedge their bets and sign a QB that has some mobility, first Riley and then Lamson.

Forgetting about system, I've always felt going back to the 80's and onwards with Mcpherson, Graves, Mcnabb, a Dual-threat QB is a great equalizer when you don't have a dominant OL. It gives the the defense someone/something else to account for.

Forgetting about system, I've always felt going back to the 80's and onwards with Mcpherson, Graves, Mcnabb, a Dual-threat QB is a great equalizer when you don't have a dominant OL. It gives the the defense someone/something else to account for.
To overstate the obvious, a dual-threat QB with a competent O-Line is even more difficult to defend.

yes remember Lamar Jackson @ Louisville ?

Not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing. Don't like shining a spotlight on our recruits until they sign their commitment.

Kind of wish they would do this feature after recruits start their freshman year on campus...taking a look back at their high-school highlights

Not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing. Don't like shining a spotlight on our recruits until they sign their commitment.

Kind of wish they would do this feature after recruits start their freshman year on campus...taking a look back at their high-school highlights
I'm on the fence. Part of me thinks its good for a kid to see a fanbase paying attention

If anyone has already mentioned it I missed it, but has Lamson said anything about enrolling in January?