Class of 2018 - QB Kevin Doyle (PA) Decommitted from Michigan/To Arizona | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB Kevin Doyle (PA) Decommitted from Michigan/To Arizona

This kid I think is going to be something special. He has two more years, wow. I haven't seen a kid his age look so mature with the ball and he holds it to the very last second before releasing it knowing he is going to take a hit or sacked. Kudos to our coaches. They seem to be lining up this caliber of QBs. They all are doing a great job.

2018 QB Doyle Has ACC Programs Attention

2018 QB Doyle Has ACC Programs Attention

By All Things ACC, 07/13/16, 03:00PM EDT

Kevin Doyle is a 6-foot-4, 200-pound quarterback from Malvern Prep in Pennsylvania and currently holds offers from 11 schools, three of which are from the ACC.

Right now, Doyle holds offers from West Virginia, Toledo, Temple, Kentucky, Nebraska, Indiana, Michigan State, and Ole Miss to go along with three ACC offers, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, and Boston College.

He has been able to develop a solid relationship with each program and staff, but the young quarterback talked about the three ACC programs more in-depth.

Pittsburgh:

“I love Pittsburgh. They were my first offer and Coach Narduzzi and Coach Canada have been very interested while Coach Landan Salem is who I stay in contact with and have built a relationship with. I have been to two games last year and would love to get back this year for another.”

Syracuse:

“Syracuse is a great school. I was very happy to receive this because they have had very good quarterback’s including Ryan Nassib, who went to my high school. Also, Coach Babers has had great success with quarterbacks of his own and allowing them to have thousands of yards passing a year.”

Boston College:

“Boston College is a school that is very interesting to me. Coach Loeffler is a phenomenal QB/OC and definitely knows his X’s and O’s and allows you to grow so much in a pro-style “NFL” offense. He really knows his stuff and it would be awesome to play under him because I know he could get me to the next level.”

Doyle admits that each school that has offered, he has a good relationship with, but in the ACC, he would say that Pittsburgh and Boston College have been in contact with him the most. However, it is still way too early for this young man to have any sorts of a top list or decision date.

He already has visited Boston College and Pittsburgh, but has not visited Syracuse yet. However, visits could be coming down the road, which could provide more light on which program fits best for him.

Doyle helped lead Malvern Prep to a 9-2 record overall this past season.

Was thinking the exact same thing. What a great representative for SU. Happy to see him still heavily involved, great asset to the program.

Yep a lot more kids know who Floyd is than some believe. Parents and grandparents sure know him. Really glad he is still here, I want him to stay as long as he wants.

I hadn't watched his film before but he's pretty smooth. And that's sophomore film up above? wow.

What kind of QB fits best with Dinoffense? Watching Dungey thrive, it seems that a running QB adds a lot to Dino's strategies. Doyle looks like more of a pocket passer and I wonder if a pure passer would do as well. Do we need a dual-threat kind of QB to be most efficient?

What kind of QB fits best with Dinoffense? Watching Dungey thrive, it seems that a running QB adds a lot to Dino's strategies. Doyle looks like more of a pocket passer and I wonder if a pure passer would do as well. Do we need a dual-threat kind of QB to be most efficient?
Dino's offense emphasizes accuracy and quick decision making. Being a dual threat/running QB isn't a requirement, though it is always nicer to have that feature than to not. The nice thing is that the offense can thrive with good college QB's and not necessarily future pros (i.e. guys who are a little too short, or who don't have a strong enough arm, etc). Of course, having guys with NFL attributes doesn't hurt!

Here's a quote from the press conference after the VT game:

"We need him, and we need him healthy," Babers said. "Certain times we're willing to put him at risk a little bit. We have to do some untraditional things at times to move the ball versus people who are really, really good until we build up the depth on our football team and build up the players on our football team so that we can do it another way and protect him.

"I would love to play a game where our quarterback never has to run the ball
. I would love to play a game where our quarterback never gets touched, but right now, at this moment in time, we have to be calculated and we need his legs in our offense."

What Dino Babers said after 'most physical game you've seen in a long time here'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom