Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 93 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting strong endorsement from Duce.

Question: Does portalling have a negative influence on Heisman voting? Would a voter be less likely to vote for a guy who left a school to play one year at another?
Almost all of the guys in this year heisman race, including the winner, were all portal players.

Jayden Daniels
Michael Penix
Bo Nix
Caleb Williams
Quinn Ewers

Only Marvin Harrison played for the team he originally committed to.

Interesting strong endorsement from Duce.

Question: Does portalling have a negative influence on Heisman voting? Would a voter be less likely to vote for a guy who left a school to play one year at another?
Jalen Hurts & Caleb Williams have both won after portaling, though both had multiple years of eligibility left.

I wasn't referring to our guys at all... My point is that McCord was still going to have great numbers last year even if you traded out Harrison for an average P5 starting receiver. It wasn't like Harrison made that much difference. Some, but not a ton.

McCord is going to have guys that can get open next year, and he's going to get the ball to them in positions where they can do something.
OG isn’t Marv Jr

FWIW, those lists are far outdated. Dungey’s 2018 season is #1 in likely all of those categories & he & Shrader’s Junior years are in the top 5 as well. Those lists look like they stop in 2010.
Nassib (3750) is #1 in single season by 900yds over Dungey. Also 26 tds season best.

McNabb has passer rating and McPhearson only guy to average 10yds per completion.

FWIW, those lists are far outdated. Dungey’s 2018 season is #1 in likely all of those categories & he & Shrader’s Junior years are in the top 5 as well. Those lists look like they stop in 2010.
Thought Cuse.com would be a more current source! Guess not...

Agreed, I don't see that as an upgrade at all.
K State has an amazing freshman dual threat I think their fans probably were hoping Howard would leave. Very lateral move at best.

Hopefully Day gets fired and they botch the hire I loathe Ohio State.

Status
Not open for further replies.