Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

Yes, I view Sellers and Lamson, who actually had P5 offers (and are dual threat QBs), as guys with more potential to play meaningful snaps at Syracuse, than a guy with no other interest and -25 rushing yards in his 3 games. Could that be wrong? Of course, but stop acting like it's unreasonable because he took some snaps when we were down to no other options. You think the staff believes Morgan is going to play?

They offered him a scholarship so they must think he can play. You say we had no one else, but I think he started 2 games over Culpepper.

He indeed had the -25 rushing yards because he was sacked 7 times in his two starts and rushing yardage is included in sack totals. The Oline was brutal. But he did also manage to go 31-49 (.63%), 285 yards, 2 TDs and 2 INTs in his 4 games played. It's not like he's taking up space impersonating a D1 QB.

It's completely unreasonable to write him off.

Last edited:
They offered him a scholarship so they must think he can play. You say we had no one else, but I think he started 2 games over Culpepper.

He indeed had the -25 rushing yards because he was sacked 7 times in his two starts and rushing yardage is included in sack totals. The Oline was brutal. But he did also manage to go 31-49 (.63%), 285 yards, 2 TDs and 2 INTs in his 4 games played. It's not like he's taking up space impersonating a 1AA QB.

It's completely unreasonable to write him off.
Recent trends show us that one of our current QBs will transfer. Who's your money on, gun to your head?

If you want to continue discussing players currently on the team please take the discussion to the football forum.
I merely was discussing our QB room, with the addition of Sellers, and my excitement for it (if you look back), seems like you and others wanted to discuss transferring QBs and Morgan, so I engaged in that. But sure, single out the new guy. That's fine.

I merely was discussing our QB room, with the addition of Sellers, and my excitement for it (if you look back), seems like you and others wanted to discuss transferring QBs and Morgan, so I engaged in that. But sure, single out the new guy. That's fine.
Keeping a thread on track on the recruiting board has been a rule here forever. It derails threads that are devoted to a single recruit. You must have seen this. No one was singling out the new guy. Posters with thousands (and tens of thousands) of posts have to be told this. Time and time again.

Welcome to the club. :)

Yes guilty. I commented ,once, but you started the discussion of current players in the QB room and who will transfer.
If you follow any of these threads you will note that any time the disucsssion veers off to discussions of players on campus I request that the conversation be moved to the football forum.

And technically, as someone who has been posting on this site for a year, you are no longer a newbie.

Yes guilty. I commented ,once, but you started the discussion of current players in the QB room and who will transfer.
If you follow any of these threads you will note that any time the disucsssion veers off to discussions of players on campus I request that the conversation be moved to the football forum.

And technically, as someone who has been posting on this site for a year, you are no longer a newbie.
And just to piggyback on this theme, it's a dispiriting pain-in-the ass when you're excited to see there's a bump to the thread and when you click on it and it's 2 posters discussing Heid's hot dogs vs. Pilgrim Franks or how they loved Suburban Park as a kid.

BTW I still make impertinent mistakes. Like this one. People think this post is pertaining to our exciting new QB recruit Sellers and it's just this explanatory drivel.

Did we ever verify he's 4 ****s?
What was the nature of his injury causing him to miss last year?
Was it all last year?

A QB who extends plays and is capable of breaking off big runs. Devito, for example, was capable of breaking off some nice runs. But his ability to consistently extend a play was non-existent.
I would add that he keeps his eyes open for receivers while scrambling and is capable of finding and throwing on the run. I noticed on his films that Sellers did this several times.

Last edited:
So I guess next years QB commit is going to make us forget about Sellers and Villari. As fans we are fascinated with the next guy. The next guy always seems to have more potential and we view potential as a brighter future for the program.
Death taxes and next man up

I would add that he keeps his eyes open for receivers while scrambling and is capable of finding and throwing on the run. I noticed on his films that Sellers did this several times.
I think that the ability to create positive plays when the designed play blows up is a big part of being a good QB at Syracuse.

Let's face it. We are probably never going to have more than a pretty good OL. Our QBs need to create on the run if our offense is going to be successful. Agree, this appears to be a major strength for young LaNorris.

As an aside, Coach Anae and Coach Beck have been dealing with similar talent limitations at UVa and are well suited towards identifying QBs who have a chance to be successful at a school like Syracuse.

As their history shows compellingly...

Last edited:
McPherson and Graves. By McNabb's time it was a thing.
If Graves had 150 yards on the ground in a season that was a lot. He was not a true dual threat ... I will however agree with McPherson and McNabb.

If Graves had 150 yards on the ground in a season that was a lot. He was not a true dual threat ... I will however agree with McPherson and McNabb.
I couldn't believe that so I checked, and his yardage was indeed low.

YearSchoolConfClassPosGAttYdsAvgTDRecYdsAvgTDPlaysYdsAvgTD
1990SyracuseIndQB101151551.351151551.35
1991SyracuseBig EastQB1199-148-1.5199-148-1.51
1992SyracuseBig EastQB111181331.151181331.15
1993SyracuseBig EastQB111021491.561021491.56
CareerSyracuse4342890.7174342890.71

Sacks must have offset some gains, because he did run in the option, approx. 10 carries per game. But the avg is so low. I thought he ran more than that. Fog!

EDIT: forgot this was not a general thread, done with my comments about other QB's.

I think that the ability to create positive plays when the designed play blows up is a big part of being a good QB at Syracuse.

Let's face it. We are probably never going to have more than a pretty good OL. Our QBs need to create on the run if our offense is going to be successful. Agree, this appears to be a major strength for young LaNorris.

As an aside, Coach Anae and Coach Beck have been dealing with similar talent limitations at UVa and are well suited towards identifying QBs who have a chance to be successful at a school like Syracuse.

As their history shows compellingly...
Every extra second that a mobile QB buys is huge. It allows the wrs to obtain separation. In addition, a dual threat QB has to be accounted for by the D. Even the NFL is moving in this direction. I believe that this kid as well as our current roster of QBs is as good as we have had in a very long time. Maybe our best collection of QBs in the modern era.

I am excited about Sellers committing and all, but let’s not forget how bad we were last year. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but it will take time to get this program back on it’s feet. I don’t see any of our quarterbacks transferring unless one of them completely falls behind. If so it would be at the end of the season. JMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom