Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou

Looks like we dodged a bullet there. I'm not sure Babers would have had a spot for him unless he converted to WR or DB

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy
Not an assumption. Mahoney and Culpepper > Lindsey Scott by a large margin.
I don't know that 2 guys with a combined 0 career D1 wins are really that much better than a LA state player of the year that got an offer from LSU then went on to win a JUCO championship as a starter and is now at another SEC school. I think its kind of ridiculous to even say they are better by a large margin when there is 0 backup for which to show that.

chugg21

I don't know that 2 guys with a combined 0 career D1 wins are really that much better than a LA state player of the year that got an offer from LSU then went on to win a JUCO championship as a starter and is now at another SEC school. I think its kind of ridiculous to even say they are better by a large margin when there is 0 backup for which to show that.
Or did Mahoney start the Shafer finale? Was there and think he might have. Guess I could be off by 1 win.

CousCuse

Coach Mac Foreva
People on this board must think winning the La. state high school player of the year is some chump award.

chugg21

People on this board must think winning the La. state high school player of the year is some chump award.
Yep. That and winning a state championship, a juco national championship and getting 2 SEC scholarships is a large margin worse than being a walk on at Cuse. I obviously care about 1 school over the other by a large margin but I don't agree with that by any means. Especially since it can't be proven in any way.

CousCuse

Coach Mac Foreva
Yep. That and winning a state championship, a juco national championship and getting 2 SEC scholarships is a large margin worse than being a walk on at Cuse. I obviously care about 1 school over the other by a large margin but I don't agree with that by any means. Especially since it can't be proven in any way.
They get more fans at high school football games in Louisiana than we do at the dome. When he gets his chance, they will see.

PhatOrange

Living Legend
All those accolades and yet he rides the pine.

Lindsey Scott was not even listed on Missouri's opening week depth chart nor their depth chart this weekend. 3 QBs are ahead of him. He's 4th string on a bad team.

Mizzou FB Depth Chart: Six true freshman make the week one depth chart

Missouri Football: Minor Changes Made to Week Three Depth Chart

Zach Mahoney had 182 completions for 1949 yards and 18 touchdowns as a career backup.

Against LSU (Scotts 1st team) he was 16-38 for 154 and 3 TDs.

I feel pretty confident saying Mahoney is better than Lindsey Scott by a LARGE MARGIN.

If D1 offers are the measure, Culpepper had more D1 offers and oh by the way Culpepper as a sophomore has actually played in D1 games. (45-75 518 yards and 2 TDs)

Last edited:

Top Bottom