Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

He could not have. I think he's #3 at Mizzou and has recorded no statistics in two blowout wins.

Very strong assumption given the options we had each year.

Looks like we dodged a bullet there. I'm not sure Babers would have had a spot for him unless he converted to WR or DB

Not an assumption. Mahoney and Culpepper > Lindsey Scott by a large margin.

I don't know that 2 guys with a combined 0 career D1 wins are really that much better than a LA state player of the year that got an offer from LSU then went on to win a JUCO championship as a starter and is now at another SEC school. I think its kind of ridiculous to even say they are better by a large margin when there is 0 backup for which to show that.

I don't know that 2 guys with a combined 0 career D1 wins are really that much better than a LA state player of the year that got an offer from LSU then went on to win a JUCO championship as a starter and is now at another SEC school. I think its kind of ridiculous to even say they are better by a large margin when there is 0 backup for which to show that.

Or did Mahoney start the Shafer finale? Was there and think he might have. Guess I could be off by 1 win.

Or did Mahoney start the Shafer finale? Was there and think he might have. Guess I could be off by 1 win.

yep, that was his 1 win. he did play well enough to beat Pitt in the 2016 finale, 61 pts should be enough to win a game.

yep, that was his 1 win. he did play well enough to beat Pitt in the 2016 finale, 61 pts should be enough to win a game.

Didn’t he also throw a pick-6 in that game too?

So, he could have actually won that game, if that didn’t happen.

People on this board must think winning the La. state high school player of the year is some chump award.

People on this board must think winning the La. state high school player of the year is some chump award.

Yep. That and winning a state championship, a juco national championship and getting 2 SEC scholarships is a large margin worse than being a walk on at Cuse. I obviously care about 1 school over the other by a large margin but I don't agree with that by any means. Especially since it can't be proven in any way.

Yep. That and winning a state championship, a juco national championship and getting 2 SEC scholarships is a large margin worse than being a walk on at Cuse. I obviously care about 1 school over the other by a large margin but I don't agree with that by any means. Especially since it can't be proven in any way.
They get more fans at high school football games in Louisiana than we do at the dome. When he gets his chance, they will see.

All those accolades and yet he rides the pine.

Lindsey Scott was not even listed on Missouri's opening week depth chart nor their depth chart this weekend. 3 QBs are ahead of him. He's 4th string on a bad team.

Mizzou FB Depth Chart: Six true freshman make the week one depth chart

Missouri Football: Minor Changes Made to Week Three Depth Chart

Zach Mahoney had 182 completions for 1949 yards and 18 touchdowns as a career backup.

Against LSU (Scotts 1st team) he was 16-38 for 154 and 3 TDs.

I feel pretty confident saying Mahoney is better than Lindsey Scott by a LARGE MARGIN.

If D1 offers are the measure, Culpepper had more D1 offers and oh by the way Culpepper as a sophomore has actually played in D1 games. (45-75 518 yards and 2 TDs)

Last edited:
It’s probably too easy to say he wouldn’t have started in the ACC as we had guys go down and started guys who probably shouldn’t have

But I still feel ok with missing out

Wow. Talk about an oldie but goodie! He’s had a helluva round trip, this kid. I mean we did end up w/ Tommy but at one time Scott was looked at as the next big thing here. Too bad we never got to see him get a shot.

Wow. Talk about an oldie but goodie! He’s had a helluva round trip, this kid. I mean we did end up w/ Tommy but at one time Scott was looked at as the next big thing here. Too bad we never got to see him get a shot.
It was his decision to decommit. Hopefully he has a solid base to get a real job soon. Oh well, no assurance he would have been anything more than a spot starter here but who knows.