Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

Both could be the case. One thing we can tell with Babers recruiting is that he values size (and substantial size) on the O-Line. Scott could have not been a good system fit solely b/c of the height and the need to see passing lanes.

At this point, there is a lot of people wondering why this happened. I don't think this was a system fit issue, I think it was a LSU interest issue.

Now, if he commits to Rutgers or somewhere not LSU, then people need to be wondering if it was a system fit, a lack of early interest from the coaching staff, difference in evaluation at the QB position from Shafer to Baber staffs or something else that could have possibly happened.

Scott does appear to be the only decommit the staff had placed a value on keeping.

That's exactly the point. His height isn't a limiting factor everywhere but it definitely is limiting with 6'7 lineman. And I get it, Russel Wilson is successful in spite of his height. That's the exception, not the norm.

That's exactly the point. His height isn't a limiting factor everywhere but it definitely is limiting with 6'7 lineman. And I get it, Russel Wilson is successful in spite of his height. That's the exception, not the norm.
lol Wilson is not rolling out to just avoid D lineman. He rolls out because it gives him throwing lanes. He cant always see over the lineman in front of him. It takes a special QB to overcome the height thing. Obviously he has that and hopefully Lindsey will too.

lol Wilson is not rolling out to just avoid D lineman. He rolls out because it gives him throwing lanes. He cant always see over the lineman in front of him. It takes a special QB to overcome the height thing. Obviously he has that and hopefully Lindsey will too.

Agreed. I hope he's successful as well.

Just ignore it then. Really not that difficult. Like saying you don't like being outside in the rain when you have every option to stay indoors. Nobody is forcing you to read it
Thanks bro...

Just ignore it then. Really not that difficult. Like saying you don't like being outside in the rain when you have every option to stay indoors. Nobody is forcing you to read it
In theory, that sounds like a solution. But the reality is that my obsessive compulsive behavior regarding this site, which several others likely share, will not allow me to leave any thread orange, or comments unviewed. So, I'm forced to open the thread and scroll through sometimes hundreds of comments I have no interest in reading until I get to the last comment at the end of the thread. Maybe the mods have a suggestion for this I'm not aware of. Thx!

What I do not understand is whether the current coaching staff let Scott go or if Scott decided to consider other options. What I also do not understand is, what seems to me, the prevailing sentiment the current staff is making a mistake. I get that the SU Football fans are critical due to the poor success of the last long years, but I have not read anything that suggests that Babers and his staff is making a mistake on the kid, or whether they even encouraged him to consider other options. Is it because they waited longer than other kids they reached out to earlier? Isn't that the job of the staff to make sure all players are vetted out prior to offering? Maybe their vetting process is flawed, I don't know, but I also don't know what their criteria is for players they want on their team.

Opinions are fine, but it would be nice if there was some solid evidence of the staff screwing the pooch here. Or, maybe, letting the staff have an opportunity to put the players they feel best fits their needs on the field before placing judgement on who they think will best succeed at SU under the Baber's regime.

Or maybe this is just a fan based forum where these things are discussed :). Either way, I much rather see discussion about the program and players that the fans think can help the program then read nothing at all. :)

(Just rambling thoughts).

In theory, that sounds like a solution. But the reality is that my obsessive compulsive behavior regarding this site, which several others likely share, will not allow me to leave any thread orange, or comments unviewed. So, I'm forced to open the thread and scroll through sometimes hundreds of comments I have no interest in reading until I get to the last comment at the end of the thread. Maybe the mods have a suggestion for this I'm not aware of. Thx!

The mods are not your therapists and should not step in to help you with your "OCD" issues. If you have a problem with a thread that is constructive (not ripping anyone, which this one isn't doing) then don't read it. If you struggle with that, then the best place for help is elsewhere, not this board.

The mods are not your therapists and should not step in to help you with your "OCD" issues. If you have a problem with a thread that is constructive (not ripping anyone, which this one isn't doing) then don't read it. If you struggle with that, then the best place for help is elsewhere, not this board.

Oh I don't know about that. Some of us actually have experience working with the "insane" in an institutional setting. I think that may make us even more qualified for this job considering the population of this forum. ;)

Heck and I thought we were just trying to get to 100,000 views for this thread.;)

Heck and I thought we were just trying to get to 100,000 views for this thread.;)

Is this thread larger than Ebenerzer O. thread? Rob Washington? Im too lazy to look it up.

I'm happy for him but if he didn't fit what we want to do then it is what it is. It's not like LSU is known for QB play. If he's going there as just an athlete, did we really have a shot to hold onto him anyway?

Good for him. Kid and his family deserve it.

The way I see it our decision to part ways only eased the what have been pain of his ultimate decommit once a legit LSU offer came in. Just imagine if he was fully committed and then backed out a few days before NSD for LSU? I think Babers for taking it easy on our sanity.