Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

Two things:
1. Babers might have thought he was wrong for his system. He could be right for LSU
2. Ratings... Who cares. Were the top 2 picks in the NFL draft highly rated? I really dont know but assuming not.
Not to perpetuate, but Goff was a 4 start on ESPN and went to the Elite 11. In defense of the Wentz argument, he grew 9 inches in highschool and didn't start until his senior year. I don't see the same case with Lindsey Scott. That said, I wish Scott all the best. The whole thing fell out funny to me (he didn't want us, we didn't want him - it was a match made in heaven) but all's well that ends well. He is at his dream school, and we have a new system and highly regarded QB prospect.

Not to perpetuate, but Goff was a 4 start on ESPN and went to the Elite 11. In defense of the Wentz argument, he grew 9 inches in highschool and didn't start until his senior year. I don't see the same case with Lindsey Scott. That said, I wish Scott all the best. The whole thing fell out funny to me (he didn't want us, we didn't want him - it was a match made in heaven) but all's well that ends well. He is at his dream school, and we have a new system and highly regarded QB prospect.

No this was good info. I was legit curious.

Two things:
1. Babers might have thought he was wrong for his system. He could be right for LSU
2. Ratings... Who cares. Were the top 2 picks in the NFL draft highly rated? I really dont know but assuming not.

Goff was an Elite 11 kid that started from Day 1 at Cal. Obviously Wentz wasn't highly rated as he came from North Dakota State. Anything can happen but its just as likely that he doesn't even get a chance because a guy coming in with that #1 QB in the country rep is going to be given every chance to fail before a 2/3 star undersized kid is even given a chance to succeed.

Goff was an Elite 11 kid that started from Day 1 at Cal. Obviously Wentz wasn't highly rated as he came from North Dakota State. Anything can happen but its just as likely that he doesn't even get a chance because a guy coming in with that #1 QB in the country rep is going to be given every chance to fail before a 2/3 star undersized kid is even given a chance to succeed.

Wow. Well said

Don't think Scott would have stayed at QB at either school, IMO. He had a better shot here.

I wouldn't think SU would be interested in him. Maybe Lester would take him.

Wouldn't be surprised if Canada asked him to switch positions and that didn't set well.

It sounded like when he parted ways with Syracuse, Dino didn't see him as a QB in the SU system. I don't think he ends up here.

IMHO, Middle Tennessee St or Western Michigan would be more likely.
Or maybe Bucknell with Acosta as the OC there.

smh. He wouldn't have played here either but the bright lights take down another.

where next, buttgers?
Good guess...they seem to always offer guys with SU connections.