Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

SportsCenter did a feature on EMCC last night. Highlighted/interviewed Scott. The piece was actually done by Sarina Morales, SU Newhouse '08

Last edited:
Just saw that he had 575 yds and 5 tds in a 67-66 2OT win in the state championship game and they're playing for the national championship this weekend. Good for him.

Their coach is an unbearable man. Dont know how any kid/parent want their kid to play for him.

Their coach is an unbearable man. Dont know how any kid/parent want their kid to play for him.

He wins and his players get recruited to the big schools. Plus, we probably isn't much different than what many of those kids had as youth coaches, so parents are used to it.

I assume that the majority of high level ncaa football and bball coaches are that way. Majority seem like greasy salesmen only concerned with climbing the ladder with no concern for who they leave behind.

Tulane’s zone option is certainly different than EMCC’s spread offense, but Scott can “definitely” see himself operating the run-heavy attack. EMCC, located in Scooba, Mississippi, gained increased national attention after receiving the spotlight of Netflix's series "Last Chance U" for two seasons.

“I’ve talked to coach and I’ve seen things that I would definitely feel comfortable doing,” he said.

In addition to UTSA, Tulane and Kansas, Scott also said he has offers from Georgia State, New Mexico State and Western Michigan. He said he’s also paying close attention to the coaching carousel. Perhaps a few new coaches could shake loose more interest?

Last edited:
Good for him, kid obviously is talented. Probably should have gone to Tulane or one of the other Louisiana d1 schools other than LSU out of high school, certainly understand him following his dream though, funny thing is that LSU never seems to have a very good QB