Class of 2016 - QB Mo Hasan (FL) Preferred Walk On Commits to Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Mo Hasan (FL) Preferred Walk On Commits to Syracuse

Does anyone know what the difference is between the preferred walk -on and the "premium" preferred walk-on is?

Does anyone know what the difference is between the preferred walk -on and the "premium" preferred walk-on is?
It is explained at the premium pay board.

Seriously, all I can think off is the player gets special consideration for more financial aid than his academic or economic background would suggest.

rackman18 said:

Amount of academic aid?

Amount of academic aid?
He extended a "premium preferred walk-on" spot before leaving, Hasan said. If he takes it, SU would provide him a partial academic scholarship for the first year of his enrollment, and in that time he would hopefully earn a full athletic scholarship.
I could not find anywhere that gives the amount of aid provided.

Mo, welcome to the Syracuse Football family. Go Orange!

Mo Hasan 2126665_94791f03513c4dcabef2008340e18601.jpg

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 1m1 minute ago
He'll have a partial academic scholarship as a freshman. (1/2)

Stephen BaileyVerified account
‏@Stephen_Bailey1
48s48 seconds ago
Hasan also said he was told that he won't be treated like a normal walk-on. Interested to see if/when he gets scholly (2/2)

I like him. Good pocket presence. Keeps his eyes downfield. Check out 3:14 mark

This video shows me a solid looking player. Mechanics look sound. I am no coach, so there has got to be flaws somewhere or else he would've had full ride offers somewhere within the power 5.

Looks accurate, nice touch, especially on that deep pass. Love his size (6'3"). The one thing that I think I see on film (and its totally different on field level), is that his out routes look sorta slow getting there (arm strength maybe?) nothing to worry about at this stage of his game. Looks to have smarts as well. Nice G.P.A.

This kid, in my opinion, gets the full ride scholarship sooner than later.

Kudos to the staff on this one. I like this player a lot.

Maybe an attempt to use this recruiting loophole. What Shafer tried to do with the Lax kid from NJ...Giordano.:noidea:

15.5.6.3.4 Nonrecruited Student-Athlete Receiving Institutional Financial Aid. [FBS/FCS]

A student-athlete not recruited (per Bylaw 15.02.8) by the institution who receives institutional financial aid
(based in any degree on athletics ability) after beginning football practice becomes a counter but need not
be counted as an initial counter until the next academic year if the institution has reached its initial limit
for the year in question. However, the student-athlete shall be considered in the total counter limit for the
academic year in which the aid was first received. (Revised: 1/15/11 effective 8/1/11)

15.5.6.3.2 applies to January enrollees who were recruited (kids who graduate HS early, JUCO transfers, grayshirts).

Maybe an attempt to use this recruiting loophole. What Shafer tried to do with the Lax kid from NJ...Giordano.:noidea:

15.5.6.3.4 Nonrecruited Student-Athlete Receiving Institutional Financial Aid. [FBS/FCS]

A student-athlete not recruited (per Bylaw 15.02.8) by the institution who receives institutional financial aid
(based in any degree on athletics ability) after beginning football practice becomes a counter but need not
be counted as an initial counter until the next academic year if the institution has reached its initial limit
for the year in question. However, the student-athlete shall be considered in the total counter limit for the
academic year in which the aid was first received. (Revised: 1/15/11 effective 8/1/11)

15.5.6.3.2 applies to January enrollees who were recruited (kids who graduate HS early, JUCO transfers, grayshirts).

If that's the case I hope he lasts longer than the former. I believe he lasted less than a week if I remember correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom